Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa

tag
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa

Does anyone know if its possible to get this card without going to a branch?

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

Re: U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa

I think someone recently posted about positive experience applying over the phone, but I'm not sure if it is still possible.

I would also like to know this as there seem to be no US Bank branches in NJ/NY...

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 2 of 7
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

You can only apply for this in-person. They stopped taking online applications several months ago.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 3 of 7
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

I wonder why you cant app for it online. Also do you need to have an account with them when you want to app for it? I also read it became less appealing when they removed the bill pay category.
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 4 of 7
Sevenfeet
Regular Contributor

Yes, you must walk into a branch of US Bank in order to apply for their credit cards. I had to do it last month. Having someone have to walk in, shake hands with a bank officer allows a chance to establish an old fashioned relationship not seen in banking in a while. And it allows them to discuss with you other products than the one you came in for. But overall the experience was just fine. Of course, getting denied for a card by a live person face to face would probably really suck.
Message 5 of 7
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:
I wonder why you cant app for it online. Also do you need to have an account with them when you want to app for it? I also read it became less appealing when they removed the bill pay category.

It still has some categories which offer a good value.

5% on dining (for example) is superior to the Forward's 5 TY points per dollar spent. If you spend a lot of money eating out and aren't interested in travel, it can be a very good card to have. Even without BillPay the Cash+ still has a lot of strengths, particularly since it has no AF.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 6 of 7
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@Sevenfeet wrote:
Yes, you must walk into a branch of US Bank in order to apply for their credit cards. I had to do it last month. Having someone have to walk in, shake hands with a bank officer allows a chance to establish an old fashioned relationship not seen in banking in a while. And it allows them to discuss with you other products than the one you came in for. But overall the experience was just fine. Of course, getting denied for a card by a live person face to face would probably really suck.

Actually, you can still apply for most of US Bank's credit cards online, you do not have to go to a branch in person to apply.  The exception to this is the Cash+ card, as they removed the online app for this card a few months ago.  I was able to apply online for my Cash+ card back in July.  I'm still in mourning over the loss of the bill pay category!  Trying to pre-pay as many utility bills as I can this month! Smiley Happy

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.