Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank Flexperks American Express

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: U.S. Bank Flexperks American Express

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all, new to posting but I've lurked a little bit when I wanted some personal experience with CC's. 

I just got an invitation in the mail for the U.S. Bank Flexperks American Express card found here - https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/flexperks-travel-rewards-american-express-card.html  It was a targeted offer with and invitation code and the best I can tell the differences between the offer and the stardard card signup is 18 months 0% APR and I only have to spend $500 in the first 3 months to get the 20,000 bonus points.

Has anyone else gotten this offer?  Or oes anyone have this card?  If so, how do you like it and how easy is it to redeem the points? I haven't been able to find many reviews on the card so I figured I'd ask here.

I figured this one was a no brainer with the low required spending and lengthy 0% offer so I applied and I got the dreaded "you will be alerted by U.S. Mail in 7-10 days" response. Hopefully I get it because I think it will be a worthwhile card to have.

FlexPerks... What a terrible points program.  

My boss has the business select rewards flexpoints program, the points are NOT valued at 1:1.  He has over 160k points, US bank values those at <$1,100.  I think we did the match and the points come out to 0.66 cents per point when redeemed for cash or 0.80 cents per point when redeemed as a gift card.

Either of those are your BEST redemption options, according to the CSR I got on the phone.  Either that or overpriced merchandise.  I hope you're not expecting this to be a $200 sign up bonus.  If you are, you're going to be disappointed.

Did they change the program or does the business card not allowed points to be redeemed for travel? It says very clearly on the website that 20000 points are good for a $400 airline ticket.

Message 11 of 16
ddemari
Super Contributor

If u call the status line, it should tell u approved or not.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all, new to posting but I've lurked a little bit when I wanted some personal experience with CC's. 

I just got an invitation in the mail for the U.S. Bank Flexperks American Express card found here - https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/flexperks-travel-rewards-american-express-card.html  It was a targeted offer with and invitation code and the best I can tell the differences between the offer and the stardard card signup is 18 months 0% APR and I only have to spend $500 in the first 3 months to get the 20,000 bonus points.

Has anyone else gotten this offer?  Or oes anyone have this card?  If so, how do you like it and how easy is it to redeem the points? I haven't been able to find many reviews on the card so I figured I'd ask here.

I figured this one was a no brainer with the low required spending and lengthy 0% offer so I applied and I got the dreaded "you will be alerted by U.S. Mail in 7-10 days" response. Hopefully I get it because I think it will be a worthwhile card to have.

FlexPerks... What a terrible points program.  

My boss has the business select rewards flexpoints program, the points are NOT valued at 1:1.  He has over 160k points, US bank values those at <$1,100.  I think we did the match and the points come out to 0.66 cents per point when redeemed for cash or 0.80 cents per point when redeemed as a gift card.

Either of those are your BEST redemption options, according to the CSR I got on the phone.  Either that or overpriced merchandise.  I hope you're not expecting this to be a $200 sign up bonus.  If you are, you're going to be disappointed.

Did they change the program or does the business card not allowed points to be redeemed for travel? It says very clearly on the website that 20000 points are good for a $400 airline ticket.

Interesting, it seems that only the flexperks business program is that bad...

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, it took about 8 days but yesterday my shiny new US Bank American Express Flexperks card came in the mail with an initial credit limit of $11k.  Does anyone know if US Bank does hard pulls or soft pulls on CLI requests?  While I will likely never use more than 10% of my CL at any time, I like the limits to be as high as possible for credit score reasons. Thanks

Message 14 of 16
noobody
Established Contributor

HP if you request, but they are the only one give me auto sp CLI (cash+ 12K to 16.5K) in recent memory, I do have a few cards.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 15 of 16
NRB525
Super Contributor

@noobody wrote:
HP if you request, but they are the only one give me auto sp CLI (cash+ 12K to 16.5K) in recent memory, I do have a few cards.

+1

OP, just be patient. If this is anything like my other two oldest US Bank VISAs, CLI will be arriving soon enough.

I did get the VISA version of the Travel Rewards card, closed it after I figured out the rewards earning structure (after any bonus) is terrible. Once you get 20,000 points you can do something, but that 20,000 points takes a while to earn with the squishy categories they have.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.