Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S Bank PC declined

tag
newUser0
Established Contributor

U.S Bank PC declined

My US bank CC (Opened on Aug 2013) , Just now called a CSR about upgrade to FlexPerks Card. Was told no offers available for you to upgrade now, can check back after 1 Year mark (Around July)Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: U.S Bank PC declined

Magic here.
And a US Bank platinum cardholder for 18 months. I was denied a simple CLI at my 1 year annivers. Reason was i was flooded with preapprovals from Discover, Citi, then Cap1 (ugh).

U/W cited he expects 6 months history first before consideration. Fair enough. Then the following month was told qualified for a PC.
Opted of course for the Cash+ but ended up with the lesser Cash Rewards alternative. Guess they weren't ready to jump me from 2000 limit straight to 5000 sig. even with good payments all along.

US Bank is VERY CONSERVATIVE and nit pick every line and detail when considering Cash+ i suppose.

The 1 year they gave you will stick. Same for my 6 month ultimatum. That's just how they work i guess.

If anyone can attest to a very different outcome from them when they make those type decisions by all means share the results to the contrary.

But in my experience with them, and being my oldest card lender, so far they stick to their Conservative reputation.
Message 2 of 7
newUser0
Established Contributor

Thanks for sharing your experience. Guess you are right about meSmiley Sad

I tried again with their FB team. Below is the response I got, Please help me in uderstanding this.

Hi newUser, I checked with our Credit Card Department and they let me know that we aren't able to add any rewards to your card unless you make qualifying purchases. Thank you for your inquiry, it can't hurt to ask 

Message 3 of 7
sexy_kitten7
Regular Contributor

I have 3 US Bank CC and I agree that they are very conservative.

It sounds like the computer won't allow a PC at this time. So you can wait a few months or write the exec office. I was in the same position with my Freedom -> VisaSig PC. Took 7 calls! Good luck!

Quicksilver MC / Amazon.com / Better Balance Rewards Visa / Freedom / Dividend / Quicksilver Visa / Cash+ / Thank You Preferred / Blue Cash Everyday / Better Balance Rewards MC / BankAmericard HRC Cash Rewards / It / Arrival / FlexPerks / Platinum AAdvantage / MileagePlus Explorer / LifeMiles
Message 4 of 7
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@sexy_kitten7 wrote:

I have 3 US Bank CC and I agree that they are very conservative.

It sounds like the computer won't allow a PC at this time. So you can wait a few months or write the exec office. I was in the same position with my Freedom -> VisaSig PC. Took 7 calls! Good luck!

I just went through the same thing with my freedom......

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 5 of 7
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Very conservative! If they tell you a year believe it. I product changed after a year but couldn't before. Once a pc was available, simple 5 minute call Cash+ and done.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 7
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

hmm now i have the problem in reverse - I have the white Flex Perks card - $5000 CL and unused since i got it - i would like to (i think downgrade??) to the Platinum because of the longer 0% intro - i wonder if i will get any problems with this request?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.