Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank Pre-Qual Site - Bad Omen?

tag
elegia
New Contributor

U.S. Bank Pre-Qual Site - Bad Omen?

I know that U.S. Bank manually reviews almost all of their applications anyway, but is there any consensus on whether having 0 cards show up on the pre-qual site indicates very slim odds? I was considering applying for the Cash+ as a step toward replacing my Citi Forward, but when I checked their pre-qual site I was rather alarmed to see no offers at all come up for me. Should I take this with a grain of saly, or should I take this to mean that I probably shouldn't bother applying? In a couple months I will have 0 inquiries on all my reports, so I'm really looking to gamble with a shot in the dark.

FWIW, my scores range from the low to high 780s and I have 1-2 inquiries on each report (all due to fall off very soon). No baddies, perfect payment history. AAoA is roughly 2.5 yrs (oldest about 5 yr; newest a little under 2) - mix of revolving credit cards and student loans. I have a pretty high combined credit limit already and quite a bit of student debt (deferred - last year of grad school), but that hasn't seemed to affect my chances for other pre-qual sites.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: U.S. Bank Pre-Qual Site - Bad Omen?

Even getting pre quals to show up should be taken with a grain of salt when it comes to US Bank. I would say don't waste your time with the prequals, With your scores and Profile I would give it a shot and apply. Don't expect an answer immediately, and although they are conservative, you look like a good candidate IMO, Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only thing I've ever gotten to come up for US Bank is their prepaid debit card. Now I don't even get that.

Message 3 of 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

You should have a very good chance with your profile. Good Luck!
Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 6
astrangerwcandy
Contributor

Similar profile to you. EQ 765 TU 795, 1% utilization. No relationship with US Bank. I applied for a LANPass Visa Signature through their site and was auto denied for too many inquires (I had 5...) Recon was a success but they are starting me out with just a regular LANPass Visa with a $1500 limit. They did give me the 30k mile siggy sign up bonus though so I'm fine with this and plan on upgrading it to the Siggy in 6 months to a year.

You can see the other cards in my profile, $1500 is tied for the lowest limit I have. They're a very conservative lender apparently.

Message 5 of 6
elegia
New Contributor

Alright, thanks for the advice. I'm still not sure about applying (worried about not getting the Visa Signature), but you've helped alleviate my concerns a bit.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.