Established Contributor

U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card

Anyone have any experience with U.S. Bank --- thinking of apping since they offer a card with a college affiliation logo.

Epic Contributor

Re: U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card

no bk, credit score over 680.

Fico Scores: EQ- 668 DCU., TU 704 Best Buy, EX 700 Chase (2/5/15)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
67 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor

203bravo wrote:

Anyone have any experience with U.S. Bank --- thinking of apping since they offer a card with a college affiliation logo.

I have been with US Bank for many years.  I have both the Flex Perks and the Platinum cards.  In addition, I have checking, savings, and have had two mortgages with them.  For me, they have been the best bank I have ever dealt with.  I use their cc's 99% of the  time when ever I do use a card. 

FICOS
TU 794 2/21/15
EX 806 2/8/15
EQ 820 2/21/15
NASA 30K / / Amex 20k / / Chase Freedom 10.6k / / / / / SD'd US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k
Goal - At my age, just staying alive
Established Contributor

Thank you -- went ahead and app'd online -- 12k limit with 12.99apr (I PIF monthly so not an issue).. Instant online decision... But at least I get to help out the organization a little when I use it.

:smileyhappy:

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

203bravo wrote:

Thank you -- went ahead and app'd online -- 12k limit with 12.99apr (I PIF monthly so not an issue).. Instant online decision... But at least I get to help out the organization a little when I use it.

:smileyhappy:

Congrats on the card.  Was it the Platinum card that you wanted?   Since it was a hard inquiry, you "might" want to call and see if you can get their flex-perks cash rewards card using the same credit report.   This is just a suggestion however.   As always, think carefully before taking on new credit.  I got both with just the one inquiry,  that is the only reason why  I mentioned it.  You will take a hit however for a second new account.   Did they pull EX for you?  Either way,  I hope you will be as happy with the card and their services  as I have been over the years. 

FICOS
TU 794 2/21/15
EX 806 2/8/15
EQ 820 2/21/15
NASA 30K / / Amex 20k / / Chase Freedom 10.6k / / / / / SD'd US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k
Goal - At my age, just staying alive

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.