Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S Bank is TERRIBLE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

U.S Bank is TERRIBLE

They Canceled my card when I was in Europe becuase they could not verify my adress!!!!!!! It had no balance I would pay everything like the same week. Boycott these clowns I canceled their card on the spot, now I need to replace the 8500 in lost credit but no big deal. !!!!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: U.S Bank is TERRIBLE

ddd wrote:
They Canceled my card when I was in Europe becuase they could not verify my adress!!!!!!! It had no balance I would pay everything like the same week. Boycott these clowns I canceled their card on the spot, now I need to replace the 8500 in lost credit but no big deal. !!!!

Have you tried dropping by you local branch and talking to them?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 9
orl2185
Established Contributor

What else these ccc are gonna do to us.... sorry to hear that. Did you use the card over there?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

orl2185 wrote:
What else these ccc are gonna do to us.... sorry to hear that. Did you use the card over there?

It was embarrasing it kept getting denied everywere I had no clue. I tought it was a Europen thing, thank god I brought along my Chase southwest. I would say only like 15% of all mechants accept American Express. Holland goverment agencies like the state ran public transportation did not accept the card. I could not use almost anywere, I'm glad I  had a Visa also.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:

ddd wrote:

Have you tried dropping by you local branch and talking to them?

No, I was so angry from all the embarassment I told them they sucked that they should elarn from Amex. I canceled the card on the phone, maybe prematurely but hey I can get creditr anywere else.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@orl2185 wrote:

It was embarrasing it kept getting denied everywere I had no clue. I tought it was a Europen thing, thank god I brought along my Chase southwest. I would say only like 15% of all mechants accept American Express. Holland goverment agencies like the state ran public transportation did not accept the card. I could not use almost anywere, I'm glad I had a Visa also.

I always carry at least two credit cards with me when I leave the country. Always. And I would suggest everyone to do the same. Travelling overseas with no credit or access to credit is potentially hazardous.

Message Edited by landocalrissian on 03-13-2008 12:04 PM
Message 6 of 9
orl2185
Established Contributor

ddd wrote:

orl2185 wrote:

It was embarrasing it kept getting denied everywere I had no clue. I tought it was a Europen thing, thank god I brought along my Chase southwest. I would say only like 15% of all mechants accept American Express. Holland goverment agencies like the state ran public transportation did not accept the card. I could not use almost anywere, I'm glad I  had a Visa also.

LOL.....
ddd maybe do what Mv is telling you. We all realize you can get other cards, but it was a technicality that prevented you from using it. consider maintaining it. Just My op
Message 7 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

U.S. Bank fraud is VERY sensitive, Expecially when you are in another country.  You have to call them and tell them when and where you are traveling too.  I would be happy that a credit card company watched out for me that well.  Most people don't go out of country on regular basis so a credit card issuer is going to find this unusual activity.

I simply called USBank before I left on my trip and had no issues ever.  I have travelled also without calling them and did have a lot of trouble, learned my lesson to always call when traveling.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditaddict wrote:
U.S. Bank fraud is VERY sensitive, Expecially when you are in another country.  You have to call them and tell them when and where you are traveling too.  I would be happy that a credit card company watched out for me that well.  Most people don't go out of country on regular basis so a credit card issuer is going to find this unusual activity.

I simply called USBank before I left on my trip and had no issues ever.  I have travelled also without calling them and did have a lot of trouble, learned my lesson to always call when traveling.

I agree with Creditaddict.  Just came back from 12 day vacation overseas.  Called AMEX and BoA with a heads up.  Told them what country I would be in, dates of travel, and approx amount of anticipated charges.  This way, my accts would not be flagged for unusual activity or possible fraudulent activity.  I always take TWO cards when travelling outside the US.

NOTE to Amex cardholders.  I always travel with a blank check from my checking acct.  Amex travel offices will cash a US drawn check for cardholders.  This is my backup in case of dire emergency.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.