cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank says I have 'excellent credit'...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: U.S. Bank says I have 'excellent credit'...

Not very interesting US Bank-related update here, but might be of interest to someone who has recently unsecured/is about to unsecure their secured card:

Today I got home to a letter from US Bank telling me I'd been 'selected' to upgrade to the US Bank Platinum Visa with an APR of 11.9%.

I was a bit confused by this as my APR is 8.99% right now, and why would I want to 'upgrade' my Cash Rewards Visa Platinum to a regular Visa Platinum...???

Then I looked at the card number they were referring to upgrading me from, and they're talking about the 'Classic Visa' (APR quite a bit higher than 11.9%, I forget what it was, though) that they gave me when I unsecured the secured card in June. At the time I was given no choice of which card to get, and when I called to ask about a possible upgrade to a more interesting one, was told to call back when I'd had the card 90 days (ie a couple of weeks ago) - I did that, and asked for the Cash Rewards card, and was given it with no problem, complete with no-pull CLI from $1000 to $2500.

So... (I said this wasn't very interesting!) - it looks like once you've been 'unsecured' for 90 days US Bank might make a better offer than the card they start you on - but given my experience, if that's not the card you want, you should ask for one you like more! My credit files/scores aren't much different now to what they were in June when I originally unsecured the card - 3 months ago they were in the 700-710ish range, and now they're what you see below in my sig. I don't know if that makes a difference, but I suspect it's more of a '3 months of handling the unsecured card to their satisfaction' thing.
Message 91 of 102
oracles
Valued Contributor

Does the US Bank Signature card report the credit limit on your report? I know the only way to get a higher CL than 25k  is to convert to the signature, however if it does not report to the credit bureaus it is not good for me. Also can you suggest what card to get with US Bank. Which card is easier to get, and/or which card will give you a higher CL? thanks
Message 92 of 102
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@oracles wrote:
Does the US Bank Signature card report the credit limit on your report? I know the only way to get a higher CL than 25k  is to convert to the signature, however if it does not report to the credit bureaus it is not good for me. Also can you suggest what card to get with US Bank. Which card is easier to get, and/or which card will give you a higher CL? thanks

YES, US Bank Signature DOES report CLSmiley Happy
Message 93 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey scamp,

my receive the same offer. after she applied she recieve a letter from us bank stating that they weren't able to verify her identity. the denied her because of that..

I will advice you not to waste an inquire.+ from my experience usbank is broke and i don't you are gonnna get a nice cl 

Message 94 of 102
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@oracles wrote:

YES, US Bank Signature DOES report CLSmiley Happy

Thanks CreditAdd, so should i just go for the signature card or start with plat. Should I get the CAsh Rewards. Which card is easier or have higher CL?

Message 95 of 102
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

The one thing about Us Bank is, I think once you have a 680 score, your approved, plan or signature, so just go for signature, they rather get your annual fee!
Message 96 of 102
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
The one thing about Us Bank is, I think once you have a 680 score, your approved, plan or signature, so just go for signature, they rather get your annual fee!

oh, I did not know there was an annual fee for the signature card. I wont pay an annual fee for a cc. I should just get the regular cash reward card. Which is easier to get, the cash reward or the regular platinum? Thanks

Message 97 of 102
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

it's waived the first year if you charge once on it or something... I would take it and worse case next year if they won't waive annual fee trade it for a regular card. but does the cash rewards card not have annual fee also?
Message 98 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
it's waived the first year if you charge once on it or something... I would take it and worse case next year if they won't waive annual fee trade it for a regular card. but does the cash rewards card not have annual fee also?
Nope, the cash rewards one is AF-free. 

Message 99 of 102
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:
Nope, the cash rewards one is AF-free. 

So should i get the regular or cash? Which is easier, which will give higher cl?  Are they both capped at 25k? thanks

Message 100 of 102
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.