cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank says I have 'excellent credit'...

tag
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Re: U.S. Bank says I have 'excellent credit'...and they meant it!

Creditaddict wrote:
no BofA has a cap at $250,000!!
I have not heard what USbank's cap is

Wow!!! Now I understand why they give out high CL's. There is A LOT of room for growth. Let's see how that baby does over the next 6-10 years. Woo Hoo! Thanks for the info! Smiley Very Happy
[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 71 of 102
Scamp
Valued Contributor

johnpalley wrote:
sorry for hijacking the thread

No worries, jp, as I said to cheddar earlier.  We ended up with a lot of great, useful info on here, between one thing and another! I hope you got your questions answered.  Smiley Happy

Extra thanks to ocheosa for all the detailed info, and for everyone else who chimed in with questions, as y'all saved me having to think of and post them! Smiley Very Happy

US Bank claims '5 Star Service', and so far they've lived up to it - nice CSR's the couple times I called in to check app status, and my card arrived yesterday, just two days after approval on the 6th!!

Purty card, too - a tiny bit of sparkle to it, nice deep blue and silver, very tasteful and classy.  Smiley Wink

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 72 of 102
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Scamp wrote:

johnpalley wrote:
sorry for hijacking the thread

No worries, jp, as I said to cheddar earlier.  We ended up with a lot of great, useful info on here, between one thing and another! I hope you got your questions answered.  Smiley Happy
Extra thanks to ocheosa for all the detailed info, and for everyone else who chimed in with questions, as y'all saved me having to think of and post them! Smiley Very Happy
US Bank claims '5 Star Service', and so far they've lived up to it - nice CSR's the couple times I called in to check app status, and my card arrived yesterday, just two days after approval on the 6th!!
Purty card, too - a tiny bit of sparkle to it, nice deep blue and silver, very tasteful and classy.  Smiley Wink

Hi Scamp:
Happy to help!! Enjoy your new card and remember to set up your speed dial # for customer service Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy
Also, before your promotional period ends call in and ask for a lower APR. If they cant do it with the card you currently have, they will issue another card. This is a bank that works with the customer.
So glad you decided to escape!! Now the countdown for PenFed begins!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by Scamp on 02-02-2009 02:21 PM
[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
Message 73 of 102
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

ocheosa wrote:
My 2nd card (worldperks signature) was issued 3/19/2008 - I called in on 5/18 to discuss the APR and while she couldn't lower the APR, and hit some button and said, you do qualify for a CLI today. She asked if I wanted it, I said yes. She again said, it usually will take 6 mos for a new account for a CLI approval but it popped up on my screen so there you are. BTW, the mileage program sucks! I am going to wait a year and product change.

Quick update:

called CS today (exactly 3 months since my last CLI) . Qualified for the interal CLI (no inq) and drumroll please "lowered the apr from 15% to 9.9%".... whoo hooo!!!

I've had exactly one charge on this card in May for $765 which I PD in full once statement cut.  

If you can get in with US Bank - do it!!!

Message 74 of 102
Scamp
Valued Contributor

ocheosa wrote:

ocheosa wrote:
My 2nd card (worldperks signature) was issued 3/19/2008 - I called in on 5/18 to discuss the APR and while she couldn't lower the APR, and hit some button and said, you do qualify for a CLI today. She asked if I wanted it, I said yes. She again said, it usually will take 6 mos for a new account for a CLI approval but it popped up on my screen so there you are. BTW, the mileage program sucks! I am going to wait a year and product change.

Quick update:

called CS today (exactly 3 months since my last CLI) . Qualified for the interal CLI (no inq) and drumroll please "lowered the apr from 15% to 9.9%".... whoo hooo!!!

I've had exactly one charge on this card in May for $765 which I PD in full once statement cut.  

If you can get in with US Bank - do it!!!

Woohoo!  Way to go on the no-inq CLI and lowered APR!  Smiley Happy

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 75 of 102
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Scamp wrote:

Woohoo!  Way to go on the no-inq CLI and lowered APR!  Smiley Happy

Scamp: Thank you!! You have a proven track record of which to follow! I'm so happy you decided to pull the trigger and app! I'm sure you will also have a great relationship with USBank! Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by Scamp on 02-02-2009 02:22 PM
Message 76 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: U.S. Bank says I have 'excellent credit'...

If you are a good customer, US Bank will deal with you. I've been a card holder for 5 years since I bank with them and they have always given me generous CLI and even lowered my interest rate to 1.99 + Prime.
Message 77 of 102
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

jessep28 wrote:
If you are a good customer, US Bank will deal with you. I've been a card holder for 5 years since I bank with them and they have always given me generous CLI and even lowered my interest rate to 1.99 + Prime.

Hello jessep28:

When you've received CLI's (auto I presume) are they atleast 3k at 6mos or 6k at the year mark or better? Can you share your experience?

If not, I will continue to just call in every 3mos for the 1.5k. Just trying to get a feel for how they work.

Thanks in advance.
Message 78 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

They usually did an auto CLI every 6 months. The last two looking at my available statements online show 2k increases.

I probably should have received one in July but didn't. It doesn't matter anyways since I am at a very low utilization rate across the board.

My credit line with them has gone from 1k or so when I opened the account in March 2003 to 18k today. This was my first credit card.

US Bank can really screw you too if you are not careful. They were not nice to my brother, but he has trouble managing  his finances.

Hope that helps.

Message Edited by jessep28 on 08-19-2008 02:54 PM
Message 79 of 102
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

jessep28 wrote:
They usually did an auto CLI every 6 months. The last two looking at my available statements online show 2k increases.

I probably should have received one in July but didn't. It doesn't matter anyways since I am at a very low utilization rate across the board.

My credit line with them has gone from 1k or so when I opened the account in March 2003 to 18k today. This was my first credit card.

US Bank can really screw you too if you are not careful. They were not nice to my brother, but he has trouble managing  his finances.

Hope that helps.

Message Edited by jessep28 on 08-19-2008 02:54 PM

Hello jessep28:

Thank you for the information, so basically the auto increases average about 3.5k per year. I will just continue to call every 3 mos (for 6k per year). When I hit the cap on the my platinum, will then product change to the signature.

This forum is great for insider information! Smiley Wink

Again, thank you!
Message 80 of 102
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.