Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UGH, Capital One I can't believe you!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

UGH, Capital One I can't believe you!

So I froze both EX and EQ earlier and went and applied for Capital One. Declined, System spits back I should consider the secured, clicked and applied.. Declined!

Well with the nice free TU report from Barry, I go pull and BAM 2 inq from capital one!!

The good news is, my score came up 7 points since Monday... I just need 10 more for my car refi!!! COME ON Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: UGH, Capital One I can't believe you!

Well, it's not as if any more inqs could possibly hurt your score!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 8
mross1080
Established Contributor

Sorry CA. You'll get in eventally. It took me a few times to get in. How many inq's do you have?

Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mross1080 wrote:

Sorry CA. You'll get in eventally. It took me a few times to get in. How many inq's do you have?

over 15 on each report... ya over 15 we will go with that number Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Just curious...why do you want Cap One so bad??

I know BoA denied me twice...I will never ever app with them again.  Now they're not good enough for me.  That's my feelings about someone who denies me when I look pretty darn good on paper. 

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

Just curious...why do you want Cap One so bad??

I know BoA denied me twice...I will never ever app with them again.  Now they're not good enough for me.  That's my feelings about someone who denies me when I look pretty darn good on paper. 

I'm about at that point... If I could get something better that will grow well then I could just forget it and move on.

Message 6 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

If I were you, I'd let some of those inq's heal up a bit.  That might be what is scaring some banks away. 

I'm ticked off at myself for having 2 & 3 across the board.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 8
-Furbz-
Contributor

CA try again in a few months or let some of those 15 inq fall off-- i was denied once last yr and once earlier this yr before i got approved 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.