Valued Member
kmksga

UGH !!! Credit Card due date posting, Help !!!

Hello... my credit card is due today so I made a payment today.  I did it at 3pm.  After I made the payment I realized it said I made the payment at 6pm not 3pm.  They posted it eastern time so now the payment won't post until tomorrow.  I know I should have paid it earlier but wasn't able to until today.

Am I late ???

January 2011: EQ 674, Exp 681, TU 671
February 2010: EQ 573, Exp 579, TU 542
Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: UGH !!! Credit Card due date posting, Help !!!

depends on the bank. some count payments all the way up to 11:59PM of the day it's due, some banks cut it off at 5 or 6, I would call your bank and check with them. what bank?

Fico Scores: EQ 639 Navy, TU 665 GE, EX 677 Prosper (07-09-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Fidelity Amex $25k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Buckle $250
Over 30 Cards in between :smileytongue:
New Contributor
Shane1

Re: UGH !!! Credit Card due date posting, Help !!!

Depending on your bank's rules, you may or may not be late. The worst thing that can happen is they assess a late payment fee, which they may be willing to waive if you call them after you become aware of it. From a credit reporting standpoint, you are fine. Not late until 30 days.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+