cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UGH, Navy! Sometimes you really irritate me!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

UGH, Navy! Sometimes you really irritate me!

I have always been one of the few that states they hate calling Navy because as nice as the reps may be they are some of the most misinformed individuals!

My friend recently joined and applied for credit card and cloc at account opening... the credit card approved, loc denied for credit.

Fast forward about 1.5 months and some stuff feel off so score jumped like 30ish points so applied for cloc again.... it's still showing pending in system so I told him to call:

Rep tells him he has to be a member for 3 months before he can apply for a cloc!

I'm like she is SO WRONG and you need to call back right now! if new members can't apply then why is it an option and why does it pull credit and WHY do so many get instant approvals same day account is opened! UGH

I mean they just seem to make this crap up sometimes.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Re: UGH, Navy! Sometimes you really irritate me!

My CC and CLOC were both instant approvals the day I got my membership.

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 2 of 9
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

I sponsored a relative this past weekend, instantly approved for both a card and cloc for $15k each.

Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

He called back and it turns out that rep was confused and thinking he was asking for overdraft without the line of credit which your checking account has to be three months old.
He went to client for the 15,000 and told to re-up ply for smaller amount and then request increase later
Message 4 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Declined*
Message 5 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Sorry it got declined for him after all of that.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Well have him sit things out and go right back after it again later.

You know better than most just how NAVY can turn things around in a flash sometimes.

Message 7 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Waiting on $500 app review!
Message 8 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
Waiting on $500 app review!

Rock On!!! CA

If anyone can you can do this.

If not now you won't stop until some real joy!  Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.