Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UGH..WHY DID I APPLY!

tag
bella1013
Contributor

UGH..WHY DID I APPLY!

I told myself not to do it but did it Smiley Sad  I had a VS credit card 6 years ago.  After one year, it went to collections because I wasn't able to pay.  About six months ago, I started fixing my credit and paid off the debt in full.  Since then, I've gotten a $1k secured credit card and a $500.00 capitol one card.  I was interested in getting another card to help my credit.  The store I shop at the most is of course has to be VS.  The most beneficial card I feel I could have right now is their store card.  I told myself, there is no way they will give me a card now but because I wanted it so bad I thought, well I make about $50k a year so they will see that I can pay the bill, I've paid them in full so they will see that I didn't completely burn them from the first time six years ago, they'll see by my credit report that I am fixing my credit and probably wouldn't be smart on my part to get the card and mess up so maybe they will give me another shot and I applied :/  They gave me the 7-10 day deal.  Ugh! So upset that I wasted a HP, I currently only have two but still.  I hope this doesn't hurt my credit too much as I'm working so hard to fix it. 

TU 698

EQ 649

EP 662

FICO 611

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: UGH..WHY DID I APPLY!

Maybe it was not a waste.....just because you got the 7-10 message you could still be approved.

Smiley Happy Keep your head up.

*8/10/13
Message 2 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Keep your head up. Since you like VS so much, have you tried the shopping cart trick? Your scores will rebound and since you have 2 cards, IMO I would let them garden a bit. Do you have any other baddies on your reports?
Message 3 of 27
Richierichdollar
New Contributor

RECON RECON RECON. I cant tell you how much that has help me.

Message 4 of 27
bella1013
Contributor

Thanks guys!  I did try the shopping cart trick but it didn't work.  Could that be because I opted out?  I don't know much about all this credit stuff but I do know that when you opt out credit card companies cannot do soft inquires on your reports. 

Message 5 of 27
bella1013
Contributor

I will Rich thanks!

Message 6 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

OP, I just read your other post asking if you should apply. Hopefully, you will get the card but it amazes me why posters ask for advice, don't take it and then ask why again?

Not trying to be harsh...I just don't understand.
Message 7 of 27
Richierichdollar
New Contributor

Your best bet is to call them and talk to someone. A computer will only do what you tell it to do. A person has feelings, emotions life experiance like yourself you never know what can happen

Message 8 of 27
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@bella1013 wrote:

Thanks guys!  I did try the shopping cart trick but it didn't work.  Could that be because I opted out?  I don't know much about all this credit stuff but I do know that when you opt out credit card companies cannot do soft inquires on your reports. 

Opted out means that the shopping cart trick will not work.  You posted earlier I beleive asking whether or not you should apply and everyone gave their advice for you not to.  IMO its just to early to think about getting them back especially since its been 6 years since you paid them.  You need to get other credit and your scores don't look that bad that you can't.  I would advise you to stick around and learn a bit more before apping anymore so as not to build up a bunch of inquiries without a corresponding account.

There is so much to learn here and a bunch of people that will help you so just relax.  Trust me, we've all at one time or another gone against the grain and did an app knowing that there was a chance we wouldn't get it so you are not alone.  It's just really time for you to move on from VS is all I'm trying to tell you.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 9 of 27
bella1013
Contributor

Thanks!!  I did take their advice and tried the shopping cart trick but it didn't work.  My main reason for asking in that post before I did it was to see if anyone else had a similar experience.  I was looking to see if someone would say "I tried that and it didn't work" or "I tried that and it did work."  The nice people who responded to my last post stated that they suggest I do the shopping cart trick and that they felt that "in their opinion" I probably wouldn't get it approved.  They did not say they had that experience and knew I would or wouldn't.  I've posted other things on here and found that the people who responded were actually wrong, not saying that I don't value their opinion.  This forum is to get other peoples opinions and share experiences with credit, etc.  Just because someone posts a question and gets responses doesn't mean they have to believe them or follow the advice.  Although, like I've said, I value all the information/reponses, etc. I get on here.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.