Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UGH... tried for a barclay bank card

tag
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

Re: UGH... tried for a barclay bank card

"Then she said that also because the BK is still there,  I wouldn't be eligible until it dropped off."

I applied for a Juniper card in Feb. 09 and was denied for BK. Called for recon, no go! They said they wanted to see more post-BK rebuilding. Of course they didn't say for how long.

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 21 of 32
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@pazuzu wrote:

"Then she said that also because the BK is still there,  I wouldn't be eligible until it dropped off."

I applied for a Juniper card in Feb. 09 and was denied for BK. Called for recon, no go! They said they wanted to see more post-BK rebuilding. Of course they didn't say for how long.

I believe it is one year unless you have not done any rebuilding since then, then they will want more time.

Message 22 of 32
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

I applied for this card yesterday too and was denied.  Reasons given were utilization too high and high number of inquiries (which is not true).  I only have 3 inquires (2 in July and 1 in August).  I'll just give up on this card because I was denied twice in the past also.  I applied for the OfficeMax Visa and was approved for $2k, no annual fee.

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 32
mross1080
Established Contributor

@crazysxycool wrote:

I applied for this card yesterday too and was denied.  Reasons given were utilization too high and high number of inquiries (which is not true).  I only have 3 inquires (2 in July and 1 in August).  I'll just give up on this card because I was denied twice in the past also.  I applied for the OfficeMax Visa and was approved for $2k, no annual fee.

crazysxycool is you were denied try the backdoor number. You already took the hit for the inq. Might as well give it a try. There great about recons.

Message 24 of 32
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

@mross1080 wrote:

@crazysxycool wrote:

crazysxycool is you were denied try the backdoor number. You already took the hit for the inq. Might as well give it a try. There great about recons.

Yeah I called them via the backdoor number and they basically told me the same thing.  That'd like to see my balances come down while not using the cards.

Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)

Message 25 of 32
mross1080
Established Contributor

@crazysxycool wrote:

@mross1080 wrote:

@crazysxycool wrote:

Yeah I called them via the backdoor number and they basically told me the same thing.  That'd like to see my balances come down while not using the cards.

Sorry, Congrats on the Officemax Visa though!

Message 26 of 32
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

@mross1080 wrote:

@crazysxycool wrote:

@mross1080 wrote:

@crazysxycool wrote:

Sorry, Congrats on the Officemax Visa though!

Thank you MRoss. 

Message 27 of 32
Chickenpotpie
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for sharing all this information.

So basically, with the Barclays you have to have 6 months to 1 year of credit building before applying  with no to low inquiries. And if you go through the backdoor number they use EX instead of TU.     I think that I may just wait until the BK falls off considering they don't like it on there but that won't happen until 2013 Smiley Sad 

The part thats making me a little crazy is that I'm really doing everything right.  No credit since the BK which was in 2003.  I've cleaned up my reports (several times since they mix mine up constantly ...ugh!)  no baddies since my BK, job with a good  salary...  and its really just frustrating.  My scores are actually quite decent the last time I checked.   

It just goes to show how important it is( especially these days ) to keep your credit clean. 

Thanks for that list of credit unions.  My town dosen't have any that I can go to but I can go to another town thats close by. 

-CPP

Message 28 of 32
mross1080
Established Contributor

Well from my recent experience they only pulled TU on recon. Checked reports and EX is frozen. I also have north of 20 inqs on TU. 3 from the last month. 1 from GEMB 2 from a new car loan.

Message 29 of 32
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

@mross1080 wrote:

Well from my recent experience they only pulled TU on recon. Checked reports and EX is frozen. I also have north of 20 inqs on TU. 3 from the last month. 1 from GEMB 2 from a new car loan.

Hi MRoss - I saw in another thread of yours you used a different number when you recon for this card.  I used 866-408-4064(credit analyst) and you used 866-750-6031(corp offices).  Do you think it made a difference in which number was called?  If so, I might call the number you used and see if that works.

Wy

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.