cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNIVERSITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION!-THANK YOU!

tag
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Re: UNIVERSITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION!-THANK YOU!

Congrats, that is awesome!  And they definitely grow with you.  My SO had a Platinum Great Rate Mastercard for 2 years, and I told him to request a CLI, so he did he went from $2,500 to $12,000.  They are pretty generous.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 11 of 24
Ms-Kato
Contributor

@jthedges wrote:

Congrats, that is awesome!  And they definitely grow with you.  My SO had a Platinum Great Rate Mastercard for 2 years, and I told him to request a CLI, so he did he went from $2,500 to $12,000.  They are pretty generous.

WOW that's some jump for 2 years..congrats to your SO !

Message 12 of 24
joedtx
Valued Contributor

I'm taking my first steps to rebuilding starting with moving my checking to a Credit Union. One thing came to mind regarding your situation with UFCU. Did you apply for the LOC and CC or did they just offer it to you? I'm just starting out with getting a couple of secured card I didn't see that UFCU offers those, but I've read a lot of good things about them.

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joedtx wrote:

I'm taking my first steps to rebuilding starting with moving my checking to a Credit Union. One thing came to mind regarding your situation with UFCU. Did you apply for the LOC and CC or did they just offer it to you? I'm just starting out with getting a couple of secured card I didn't see that UFCU offers those, but I've read a lot of good things about them.

Welcome, joedtx! We're happy to have you aboard.

Message 14 of 24
lithium78
Established Contributor

Congrats!  You are off to a great start!

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 24
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

@joedtx wrote:

They will pull a hard inquiry on EQ just for opening a checking account (almost standard of practice at most credit unions these days).  I just told them I wanted a LOC to go with my checking account because I had one at RBFCU and they just said OK and submitted it to underwriting, and then underwriting asked me if I wanted a CC too, so they issued that as well.  Just give them a try, I love them!

-----------------------
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have to live in Texas to open an account there?

Message 17 of 24
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

I think you have to live in the Austin area.

-----------------------
Message 18 of 24
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Enjoy.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 19 of 24
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Wow! Congrats. I'm down the street in SA. I love ATX. The Mellow Mushroom on the drag is my fav spot.
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.