cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNLIMITED more than 5+% Cashback on Travel Purchases!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UNLIMITED more than 5+% Cashback on Travel Purchases!!

Hi Fico Fam wanted to share an interesting bit of information, I have a found a card that will give you 5% cash back on Travel purchases to include Airline tickets, Car rentals, and Hotels.. There is no limit on the amount of cash back you can get! The only caveat is you have to book through a dedicated "Travel Reservation Service" I checked several flights and hotels and they were the same price as any website online... you may be asking what is this credit card?? Well the unlikely winner is the "Chevron Premium Card" yes folks a gas credit card... lol it is a weird benefit but it is certainly an interesting development. You also get a $25,000 travel insurance policy.

The drawback is a $25 annual fee... but for those of you who love cash back and spend thousands on travel this card could be a game changer! Let me know your thoughts and if you have any experience to share.. I am thinking about upgrading, I have been told that everyone with a regular chevron credit card can simply upgraded and it does not report as a new account!

Edit: If you want to check the prices for yourself the "Travel Reservation Service" phone number is 1-800-832-5832  

Just let them know you are trying to see if getting the premium card would be a good value. 

Second edit: It appears you can get the 5% Cashback PLUS you can book with a different credit so you get additional rewards!!!!!!!! I am definetly gonna upgrade this could represent possibly a MEGA bonus depending on how the transaction codes. Will update if I am successful...

-tydawg

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: UNLIMITED 5% Cashback on Travel Purchases!!

I'm going to have to look into this.......

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 2 of 9
noobody
Established Contributor

Re: UNLIMITED more than 5+% Cashback on Travel Purchases!!

Any FTF?
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 3 of 9
stellar
Established Contributor

Message 4 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This is interesting... if I'm reading correctly, it's the 'Platinum' PLCC that gives the travel bennies (and has the $25 fee) - the Visa version doesn't seem to offer the travel benefit at all.  

I'm assuming this means you would have to use another credit card to pay (unless when you call to set up the reservation they allow you to prepay with the gas card, which doesn't seem likely).

In any case this could be interesting for the right person... thanks for sharing @Anonymous!  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Precisely my point UncleB this could be a gold mine as it allows you to double dip into the rewards honey pot. You are correct it is only the "premium" store card and not the visa. 

Message 6 of 9
yfan
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I'm assuming this means you would have to use another credit card to pay (unless when you call to set up the reservation they allow you to prepay with the gas card, which doesn't seem likely).

Which means it'd be interesting to find out if Chevron's "travel reservation service" actually codes as travel, gas, or a generic category. For me, the best would be for it to code as gas, as then I'd be able to earn an extra 4% with Citi's Costco Visa, or Discover's 5% when/if they have a travel category.

Message 7 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Do you still earn FF miles when booking through the service?

I have no interest, but I have Platinum and Prestige.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

Do you still earn FF miles when booking through the service?

I have no interest, but I have Platinum and Prestige.

Yes you do, they provide confirmation code with individual airline immediatly after booking for you to add FF number etc.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.