cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] (1) Barclay card (3) Inquiries on same report but different dates?

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: (1) Barclay card (2) Inquiries on same report but different dates?

call the exec office and see whats up? 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 11 of 19
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Re: (1) Barclay card (3) Inquiries on same report but different dates?

Do you have that number by any chance Smiley Tongue I would be forever grateful. There regular CS has been transferring me around with no avail. Thanks!
Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 12 of 19
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Re: (1) Barclay card (2) Inquiries on same report but different dates?

Seems like a lot of hastle for one card.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 13 of 19
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@nenuco wrote:

So in my last app spree I applied for 6 cards. One of them was a Barclay card, they pulled TU on 10/5/12. I got approved instantly. This morning 10/8/12 I got a Credit Alert telling me that Barclay had done another hard inquiry on the same Transunion. What's up with this. I'm pretty pissed... can they do this? If so why would they pull the same report?

Household bank did the same thing to me back in January over a $300 limit card (I was furious...still am) They pulled 3 times on TU. I fought it for months with TU and Household. The only way to get TRansunion to remove is to provide them a statement from the creditor on their letterhead saying they can remove. Needless to say, Household would not provide me the letter and TU wouldn't remove without the letter. Unless Barclays has a heart and decides to remove...you are stuck with them.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 14 of 19
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@nenuco wrote:
Do you have that number by any chance Smiley Tongue I would be forever grateful. There regular CS has been transferring me around with no avail. Thanks!

i dont have barclays but the backdoor thread lists these two numbers 

Barclays:             888-232-0780       (Customer Care)

Barclays:             866-408-4064       (Credit Analyst)

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 15 of 19
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

So I called the "executive" office... I was given different reasons behind the (3) inquiries. Basically they told me that (1) was done with the initial approval [perfectly fine] while the subsequent (2) were done automatically to see if I was "eligible" for a CLI. The Credit Analyst even had the audacity to say that it was done "for my own good". This is downright disgusting. To further the issue their website to create an account is still not working, and has no current time-frame of when it will be fixed. These are the typical "sub-prime" practices that rank Barclays and Capital One so much lower than their prime counterparts. A simple sorry, or we'll help you find a solution would have changed my perspective. If I would have known this, I would have stayed as far away as possible from them. CS for me is the most essential part of any lender-customer relationship, more than rewards or any other points. I understand that sub-prime lenders can't compete with prime lenders in many aspects but CS should always be a key component companies strive own, as this is their direct connection with the customer. So I will quietly spend my $1,000 to get $200 bonus, and then I will sock drawer them regardless of any future CLI or any other benefits they may throw at me. Of course my story is subjective and could be different to yours so take it with a grain of salt, that being said: AVOID THEM IF YOU CAN!

Message 16 of 19
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

I just got off the phone with them Smiley Sad Thanks so much anyways! I really do appreciate it Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 19
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@nenuco wrote:

I just got off the phone with them Smiley Sad Thanks so much anyways! I really do appreciate it Smiley Happy

I was not saying this was the exec office. as it said right after the number 

some cards listed in the backdoor thread do have exec office numbers. 

im sorry to here the outcome of this.

Hopefully you use the card and then do sd to use it once every three months. 

Despite what they did or did not do what's done is done. 

it will be another reporting tl and will help you in the long run. inq are only effecting in the first year and fall off after the 2nd year. 

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 18 of 19
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

lol What I meant to say was that I had already gotten off the phone with them by the time I saw your post. Smiley Happy Good Advice, they will keep my sock company Smiley Tongue

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.