cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: 4th Citi APR reduction, 4 days in a row!!

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: UPDATE: 4th Citi APR reduction, 4 days in a row!!

@JSS3 wrote:
Is it true that if you recently got upgraded, you can't get an APR reduction?

What do you mean by upgraded... MC to WMC, Visa to Visa Siggy .. or a just a PC?   I did a PC about 6 months ago (it might have been even less) and tried to lower my APR again but not sure if it was because of the PC that might not be 6 months old or because I have already a low APR?  I would think it is for the latter and I doubt I can get that any lower with 13,24% at this point.

Message 81 of 122
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I PC'd from Dividend to Double Cash about 2 weeks ago. Logged in yesterday to ask for a APR reduction and the rep said he is unable to because there is an upgrade in process. Nothing is in process. It's already completed.
Message 82 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do this? Why apply for more credit when you don't need it? I don't anticipate ever carrying a balance, but things happen, and it may someday become necessary. I'm not going to apply for a low APR card once the things have already gone south, and I'm not going to carry a card that may never have a use. Asking for APR reductions on my current cards is a hedge against something bad happening in the future, the same way that asking for a CLI is. I don't need more credit right now, but there may come a time when I do. 

Message 83 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, and it makes people happy. Why bash something that makes people happy?

Message 84 of 122
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:
I PC'd from Dividend to Double Cash about 2 weeks ago. Logged in yesterday to ask for a APR reduction and the rep said he is unable to because there is an upgrade in process. Nothing is in process. It's already completed.

The rep might have looked at the wrong account?  I got asked which account I would like to reduce the APR and was a bit surprised until I realized he was still looking at my AAdvantage card which is no longer active but still visible. I also did a PC to the  Double Cash several months ago.  Both accounts are still showing in the account overview for me.

Message 85 of 122
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why do this? Why apply for more credit when you don't need it? I don't anticipate ever carrying a balance, but **bleep** happens, and it may someday become necessary. I'm not going to apply for a low APR card once the **bleep** has already hit the fan, and I'm not going to carry a card that may never have a use. Asking for APR reductions on my current cards is a hedge against something bad happening in the future, the same way that asking for a CLI is. I don't need more credit right now, but there may come a time when I do. 

Compliment. That is a very responsible way to look at it. As for APR reductions it does not hurt to ask. No HP and no harm to your credit. And in case you get bored during gardening it is an interesting way to see what you can get out of your accounts..lol.. if you do not need it - no problem - but it looks better on the accounts and feels good if granted Smiley Happy

Message 86 of 122
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

The rep might have looked at the wrong account?  I got asked which account I would like to reduce the APR and was a bit surprised until I realized he was still looking at my AAdvantage card which is no longer active but still visible. I also did a PC to the  Double Cash several months ago.  Both accounts are still showing in the account overview for me.

He asked me to confirm the last four digits of the account I was requesting the APR reduction for. My Citi Dividend is not visible. It was removed immediately after getting the DC and activiating it. 

Message 87 of 122
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

He asked me to confirm the last four digits of the account I was requesting the APR reduction for. My Citi Dividend is not visible. It was removed immediately after getting the DC and activiating it. 

oh I see... my Citi AA is still visible after 4-6 months time in my account.  In this case I  would recommend to wait 6 months and try it again then.  Good luck!

Message 88 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

"I don't carry any balances but I may need to carry multiple balances in the future. Lower APR is never a bad thing."

Try getting laid off or something :-).  You will start carrying balances.

Message 89 of 122
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

oh I see... my Citi AA is still visible after 4-6 months time in my account.  In this case I  would recommend to wait 6 months and try it again then.  Good luck!

Just chatted again and told the same thing. Used the words "Pending Conversion". Rep said it's still doing that on their end although my side is complete. I have to wait until that's done in order for them to see if an APR reduction is available for my account. 

Message 90 of 122
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.