Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: $500 Zync but want NPSL...

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: $500 Zync but want NPSL...

@laboi_22 wrote:
My past experience was when I was SP denied, I was denied right away. Pending meant approved after one call on Monday. Good luck! I think you might have this. Also it's a wonderful card. I wouldn't app for the BCP if approved. You have a year to try it out. In one year if all is well pay the AF. If you don't like it then app BCP and close PRG. It's an awesome card the PRG. I personally prefer charge cards from AMEX like the no utL factoring and the MR points if used correctly can be worth 0.2-0.3 cents per point!! Be sure to update us!!

That makes me feel better.....one othe thing I was thinking was that if they are using a SP from last month or something it may not have the best up to date info on it. So I will call them tomorrow and see if they need to do an HP or not.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 21 of 28
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@OlegWasHere wrote:

on the 500 limit do you have auto pay setup? 

putting through 2k in one month is high for me as i only make 1800 a month but idk how that works. 

i know they preauthorized my checking account but do they only take out on due date or if you hit your max they take out automatically or do you make serval payments during and whatever is left over it auto debits it? 

and btw good luck on the app!

Yes, I have autopay setup on my Zync. Basically, it pays any leftover balance if you have any when the bill is due. I pay mine so often that I don't think i've ever had an autopayment need to go through.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 22 of 28
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@laboi_22 wrote:
My past experience was when I was SP denied, I was denied right away. Pending meant approved after one call on Monday. Good luck! I think you might have this. Also it's a wonderful card. I wouldn't app for the BCP if approved. You have a year to try it out. In one year if all is well pay the AF. If you don't like it then app BCP and close PRG. It's an awesome card the PRG. I personally prefer charge cards from AMEX like the no utL factoring and the MR points if used correctly can be worth 0.2-0.3 cents per point!! Be sure to update us!!

forgot to ask...what did your "Monday" call back to AMEX consist of?

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 23 of 28
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

not that im doubting you but could me misinformed. 

like i posted in another thread i started mother applied for costco amex and got 7-10 day wait and we called recon number and was denied because of my hard limit on zync. (i wanted to be an au or extra account holder not a co applicant)

then she stated she doesnt have a zync so it went on further review. and will let her know

still waiting for an answer that should be here by friday. 

maybe i will have her call on wednesday. 

(she apped this past friday btw) 

every situation is ymmv though. 

good luck! nonetheless and hopefully we will hear great news in the upcoming days. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 24 of 28
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@OlegWasHere wrote:

not that im doubting you but could me misinformed. 

like i posted in another thread i started mother applied for costco amex and got 7-10 day wait and we called recon number and was denied because of my hard limit on zync. (i wanted to be an au or extra account holder not a co applicant)

then she stated she doesnt have a zync so it went on further review. and will let her know

still waiting for an answer that should be here by friday. 

maybe i will have her call on wednesday. 

(she apped this past friday btw) 

every situation is ymmv though. 

good luck! nonetheless and hopefully we will hear great news in the upcoming days. 

was it because of how new the account was? i don't think they would deny a person for having the AMEX Zync w/$500 limit just b/c its that card.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 25 of 28
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

i didn't speak to the rep and it wasn't on speaker phone. 

She just said it was denied because of the hard limit on the zync. 

The card was new (I didn't even get in the mail until the day after)

I checked the app checker and my mothers ss showed the app but mine did not at all. 

so I was confused by this. 

because the way I think what happened was that the guy put it through as a join application because he said there will be one bill and that's it.

One account number 2 cards. (since its costco only people on the costco account can be on the amex to my understanding.) because we wanted to put my father on it as well because his credit is almost non existent as he just came to this country 3 years in November. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 26 of 28
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

So I spoke 2 different rep's at AMEX.

My app was denied for the PRG due to the same reasons as last time. I app'd yesterday, but they are using a SP from 8/25/2012 which is before EX updated to report several negatives being removed.

So they told me my options are:

1. Send it to further review which will be a HP regardless of approval or not.

2. Fax my EX report showing the updates with the negatives removed and they will request it to be reviewed without a HP, but its not guaranteed and it may need to be HP anyway.

3. Just wait another month or so and app again.

What do you all suggest doing?

Also, they did say my EX FICO was still the same ~650 with their last SP 8/25/12 so hopefully the next time it will be better with those items removed.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 27 of 28
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Updated the original post

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.