cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: $500 Zync but want NPSL...

Valued Contributor

Re: $500 Zync but want NPSL...

I'd have to caution against blindly going for the PRG as your next card. Have a look at your spending patterns first, as well as your intended redemptions. If you can't spend 30k a year to get the annual booster, the AF on the PRG will likely negate whatever rewards you receive.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 11 of 28
Mega Contributor

Re: $500 Zync but want NPSL...


CreditScholar wrote:
I'd have to caution against blindly going for the PRG as your next card. Have a look at your spending patterns first, as well as your intended redemptions. If you can't spend 30k a year to get the annual booster, the AF on the PRG will likely negate whatever rewards you receive.

Good point, think i'll stick with the Zync until i'm ready for the BCP Smiley Happy

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 28
Valued Contributor

Re: $500 Zync but want NPSL...


LS2982 wrote:
What's on your ex file currently?

No delinquent accounts

Student loans with some lates from several years ago

Mortgage with a few 30 days from 2007 & 2008

Cards in sig plus AU on AMEX Blue and AU on Citi World Mastercard: All perfect history

~1% util

~5yrs AAoA

~650 EX FICO...seen the FICO on it since 7/28 which was their last SP on me they used on my app back on 8/5. So it may be higher now.

 

Forgot to add that i have 4-5 inq's the past year.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 13 of 28
Valued Contributor

Re: $500 Zync but want NPSL...


CreditScholar wrote:
I'd have to caution against blindly going for the PRG as your next card. Have a look at your spending patterns first, as well as your intended redemptions. If you can't spend 30k a year to get the annual booster, the AF on the PRG will likely negate whatever rewards you receive.

I have basically replaced my debit card with my Zync card. Just the past few months I have averaged ~$2k through it. That's with not even using it for every single daily purchase. I'm sure if it didn't have the $500 hard limit then I could use it even more so since I wouldn't have to worry about making weekly payments. The ultimate goal is the BCP, but it seems to be easier to get a charge card. So the plan is to app for the PRG and if approved then app for the BCP. If I get the BCP then I will use the PRG until the AF is due then PC it down to the Zync with NPSL. But since I'll have the BCP I'll get the benefits I need/want. If I don't get the BCP then I'll just use the PRG like I do my Zync currently, but even more so. I have several packs on my Zync so the AF difference won't be that much anyways. At least til I can get the BCP.

 

*I may go after the BCE though since it offers good rewards with no AF.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 14 of 28
Valued Contributor

Re: $500 Zync but want NPSL...

Well, I decided to go for the PRG since it would just be a SP.

 

App'd and it said it is pending further review?? At least it's not an instant denial.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 15 of 28
Super Contributor

Re: $500 Zync but want NPSL...


j_casteel wrote:

Well, I decided to go for the PRG since it would just be a SP.

 

App'd and it said it is pending further review?? At least it's not an instant denial.


Careful if you decide to recon. From what I've read during a recon you can get a HP even if denied because they review your report manually. 

Message 16 of 28
Valued Contributor

Re: $500 Zync but want NPSL...


jsucool76 wrote:

j_casteel wrote:

Well, I decided to go for the PRG since it would just be a SP.

 

App'd and it said it is pending further review?? At least it's not an instant denial.


Careful if you decide to recon. From what I've read during a recon you can get a HP even if denied because they review your report manually. 


yeah, i'll just call them tomorrow and see what they need. perhaps, its will just be something like that. If not, then at least i'll get a free EX FICO and a list of what i need to work on; all for just the cost of a SP.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 17 of 28
Established Contributor

Re: $500 Zync but want NPSL...

My past experience was when I was SP denied, I was denied right away. Pending meant approved after one call on Monday. Good luck! I think you might have this. Also it's a wonderful card. I wouldn't app for the BCP if approved. You have a year to try it out. In one year if all is well pay the AF. If you don't like it then app BCP and close PRG. It's an awesome card the PRG. I personally prefer charge cards from AMEX like the no utL factoring and the MR points if used correctly can be worth 0.2-0.3 cents per point!! Be sure to update us!!
Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 18 of 28
Valued Contributor

Re: $500 Zync but want NPSL...

on the 500 limit do you have auto pay setup? 

 

putting through 2k in one month is high for me as i only make 1800 a month but idk how that works. 

i know they preauthorized my checking account but do they only take out on due date or if you hit your max they take out automatically or do you make serval payments during and whatever is left over it auto debits it? 

 

 

and btw good luck on the app!

Current: Discover Fico 709 3/15 Walmart Fico 743 4/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 1 EX 6 | Most Recent: 4/09/2015
Over 12 Months:9


2015 Goals:
Lower Utility
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000
Message 19 of 28
Established Contributor

Re: $500 Zync but want NPSL...


OlegWasHere wrote:

on the 500 limit do you have auto pay setup? 

 

putting through 2k in one month is high for me as i only make 1800 a month but idk how that works. 

i know they preauthorized my checking account but do they only take out on due date or if you hit your max they take out automatically or do you make serval payments during and whatever is left over it auto debits it? 

 

 

and btw good luck on the app!


^^^ i'm curious about how the auto pay works as well


Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 20 of 28