Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE 8/9 Macy*s Account Change Confirmation

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Macy*s Account Change Confirmation

Of course they will close those accounts. But you limits moved to a single line. Instead of 5 lines.
Message 11 of 28
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:
Of course they will close those accounts. But you limits moved to a single line. Instead of 5 lines.

Wrong, it's not of course. Nothing is ever that certain. In March they originally indicated accounts would be deleted so this is great news for those of us with old opening dates on the secondary accounts.

Message 12 of 28
taxi818
Super Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Wrong, it's not of course. Nothing is ever that certain. In March they originally indicated accounts would be deleted so this is great news for those of us with old opening dates on the secondary accounts.

Would much rather have deleted than closed to help AAOA. As had no ideal they would show up as separate trade line I never used club  so it never showed up. Except online. 

Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do the additional accounts show up as a separate account or is it a hidden trade line? I ask because I opened a special events or major purchase account in Jan and it does not show on any credit report. Only my store card and the store card limit show. 

Message 14 of 28
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I was having a lot of confusion about this. I'll be on the lookout for this in the mail. Thanks!

So from what I see, it will all be one TL (with the exception of Amex).

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes sir. they will consolidate limits and balances and treat as one revolving account, save AMEX. I actually went for a CLI via chat yesterday on my store card and I reckon I'll try on my special event later. I'm currently at 1500 and 4500 respectively.
Message 16 of 28
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do the additional accounts show up as a separate account or is it a hidden trade line? I ask because I opened a special events or major purchase account in Jan and it does not show on any credit report. Only my store card and the store card limit show. 

Rep told me via chat that even though my Special Event account wasn't showing on my statement, it was still there and would move over to store CL when change is made.

Message 17 of 28
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@mxp114 wrote:

Spoke with a supervisor, and she read me the memo outlining the changes:

• After your August statement, your secondary accounts will report with a $0 balance and as closed.
  • Your American Express TL will continue to report as a separate account.
  • The above are global changes and NO exceptions will be made, per the memo.

The end xD

That's how I interpreted the letter. The secondary accounts will not be rolled into the primary account unless there's a balance. 

Message 18 of 28
score_building
Senior Contributor

Major purchase appears online + on all 3 and was an HPSmiley Indifferent Macy's seems not to have a consistent approach to adding these accts.What really happens when the accts 'merge' is anyones guess, csr memos not withstanding.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received my letter today. Nowhere does it say that they would combine limits. It only states that they are closing accounts and any remaining balances will be transferred to the existing revolving account. 

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.