tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Advice for DS

Message 21 of 29
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone for all the advice . I just was not 100% sure what to tell her . A lot has changed since I got my first card when I was 18 I got several no problem us bank was my first so I didn't know if was a good place to start or not now . I'll tell her to try the cap1 student first if its a no then a us bank secured.
Message 22 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 23 of 29
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

@Crashem wrote:
Op's sister will qualify for most student cards as she has income and in college

I was only basing it off of personal experience. When I was in that position not too long ago, got denied for every single student card that I applied for, even though i had a really good income for my age at 18.

Message 24 of 29
Crashem
Valued Contributor

That's because you didn't ask me for advice Smiley Happy
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 25 of 29
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

True. Would've been in much better shape if I had anyone to ask for advice at that time. Oh well, you live and you learn.

Message 26 of 29
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Re: UPDATE Advice for DS

thanks everyone for all the advice she decided to ap for the forward student card after sending in proof she is in school she was approved with a $2000 limit.

Message 27 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 28 of 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

@twall06 wrote:

thanks everyone for all the advice she decided to ap for the forward student card after sending in proof she is in school she was approved with a $2000 limit.

Congrats to her 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.