Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: Barclay Card App

tag
praise123
Contributor

UPDATE: Barclay Card App

So, I applied for the the Barclay Card Application and I was denied because I had to much new credit.  My cards are not 12 months old, so they would like to see at least 12 months without any lates for new accounts.  Even thought the score was acceptable, my past challenges will be erased by my present behavior.  I want to shout out to Citi, Chase, BofA, Macy and Target and even Credit One for giving me a second chance, as for the rest of the companies.  I will see you in 12 months because When You Know Better You Do Better.  Off to the Gardee, I will remain until June 2013.  I will use my Citi card to get my computer since it's a 0% APR for 18 months!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Re: UPDATE: Barclay Card App

Try to recon since you already took the hit. Ive read here that they are recon friendly. Good luck
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 2 of 3
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: UPDATE: Barclay Card App

@praise123 wrote:

So, I applied for the the Barclay Card Application and I was denied because I had to much new credit.  My cards are not 12 months old, so they would like to see at least 12 months without any lates for new accounts.  Even thought the score was acceptable, my past challenges will be erased by my present behavior.  I want to shout out to Citi, Chase, BofA, Macy and Target and even Credit One for giving me a second chance, as for the rest of the companies.  I will see you in 12 months because When You Know Better You Do Better.  Off to the Gardee, I will remain until June 2013.  I will use my Citi card to get my computer since it's a 0% APR for 18 months!

Did you call them for a recon? They are very good at those and would most likely start you off with a lower limit.

If you have not called them, I would. You have already taken the hit so you have nothing to lose.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.