Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE!! Can Cap One get my money back?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE!! Can Cap One get my money back?

So last Friday I purchased some tickets on fandango for a showing Monday night. 

Turns out the winter weather has taken a turn for the worst and they are expecting snow and Ice. I live in the south and I'm pretty sure schools and even the movie threathre will probably close. 

I looked the the fandango app and it said there are no refunds or returns. 

Since I paid with my credit card is there any way I can get my money back since I won't be able to attend the showing due to weather?

UPDATE!

Cap on said to file a dispute. I did. They approved it!!! So awesome of them! Never had a dispute before Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can Cap One get my money back?

Probably not since the vendor provided the purchased item, and there is no fraud involved.

Message 2 of 6
happypill
Valued Contributor

Fandango is just for movie tickest isn't it?  Is the entire theater closed down because of snow and ice?  If not, then the vendor lived up to their end of the bargain.

Some Visa Signature and WMC cards offer trip cancellation protection, but that probably wouldn't apply to movie tickets.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay. I just did some searching and am going to try to chat with fandango to explain the situation. I'm number 49 in the queue with an expected 31 min wait time lol
Message 4 of 6
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

If you threatened them with a chargeback (disputing the charge) that would likely cave since they have to pay a $25 fee in addition to the original discount points. I'm not suggesting you do that.

They will likely give you credit for some future showing.

But aren't we talking about two $12 movie tickets here?   I sure wouldn't waste my time holding behind 49 other people.  I mean that's the price of lunch.  Seriously.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was unable to reach chat support. I submitted a question via email and am waiting a response.
$24 plus a $3 convince fee is a tank of gas. Just didn't know if purchasing tickets with a visa signature covered me under rare instances like this is all
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.