cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: Cap 1 Executive Office Recon for Cash Rewards Visa Card !!!! Another success!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

UPDATE: Cap 1 Executive Office Recon for Cash Rewards Visa Card !!!! Another success!!!

I applied for Cap 1 Cash Rewards Visa Signature Card a month ago. I didn't get instantly approved. It was denied due to too many inquiries and too many accounts opened. I emailed to Cap 1 EO last week and I got a phone call from them last Monday. They told me they forwarded to credit dept for manual review. Today, I go t another call from them. I wasn't there to answer and they left me a message to call. I called them they told me it was approved for $3K.  The card was sent out last week.It is a lot compared to my other cards I have. Hopefully, I will get CLI after six months or a year.  They were helpful and friendly. They were called you as soon as next day. I didn't expect from Cap1.  I thought they were bad. I was wrong. Anyone got stuck at lower limit and you should email them for help instead of normal customer service. 

Ron.

Message 1 of 74
73 REPLIES 73
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: UPDATE: Cap 1 Executive Office Recon for Cash Rewards Visa Card !!!! Another success!!!

Message 2 of 74
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: UPDATE: Cap 1 Executive Office Recon for Cash Rewards Visa Card !!!! Another success!!!

@09Lexie wrote:
Congrats on your recon!

Thanks!!! Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 3 of 74
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Nice!!  Congrats!!  Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 4 of 74
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Congrats! I too have been successful with cap one eo.... They granted me credit increases on my two cards last October and December....I contacted them again last week to change my platinum to venture and it was approved.. 2 miles per dollar.... And also increased my limits again, from 1250 to 2k and 1500 to 3k . And hopefully waive my AF... Wanted the cards to reach at least 5k but its only been 3 months from the last increase so its ok.. Ill ask again before Christmas .. Hopefully the eo would still be handing them out...

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 5 of 74
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

I dont get how you got denied in the first place though. I got a 3k cash rewards card with no AF without any issue, and i know your reports are a lot better looking than mine.
Message 6 of 74
Ron1
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Congrats on the approval!

I dont get how you got denied in the first place though. I got a 3k cash rewards card with no AF without any issue, and i know your reports are a lot better looking than mine.

Thanks!!!!  It might be the number of  inquiries and balances lowering the scores.  Penfed pulled twice on my EQ and once on my TU.  It might be the hoilday and paid the tuition bill for my brother. It might drive up the total balances. I also have a few new accounts opened and closed recently. It might lower the score. $3K is better than denial.  I'm looking for CLI after six months by calling Cap1 EO again. Their service is awesome!!!!

Ron.

Message 7 of 74
flowfaster
Established Contributor

First, congrats! Second, this is actually a huge data point. Have you confirmed they did not pull again? 

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 8 of 74
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Congrats! You are correct. The NEW CAP ONE has improved customer service. I second your opinion on how nice, polite, and timely they respond to their customers. They have been VERY good to me as well.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 9 of 74
Ron1
Super Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

First, congrats! Second, this is actually a huge data point. Have you confirmed they did not pull again? 

I pulled triple credit report from MPM and I didn't see any pull from them. They told me it was approved on Friday. I think they used the old report to make a decision.

Ron.

Message 10 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.