Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: Chase CLI

tag
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

UPDATE: Chase CLI

Can you recon for a higher CLI with Chase Freedom and what grounds would be successful? (I've never reconned before).

How long before you can ask for a CLI?

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase CLI

I think they do another HP with recons but not sure.  I know their CLI are HP's.  I just got the Freedom card and I'm also interested in how the CLI increases and suggested frequency of requesting them should work.

I was planning on requesting one after refi (9 months).

For recons, I think it depends on why they gave you a lower CL.  Whats on your report? How is your income? Be prepared to address any negatives.  I had to recon Freedom for approval and my main negative was my cap1 auto loan.  I had a full history of my consecutive payments to them since August last year printed out and next to me when I called.  So when she said my last late with them was March I counter with the dates and amounts of my payments and said I was currently disputing the account with Cap1 directly as I didnt want to formally dispute the item.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

When you say recon did you recently get approved for this card?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 7
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Immediately after approval, call to recon the limit if you want or need more.  I just recently helped one of my managers with his credit card choices.  He wanted to move his debt to a 0% interest card.  I recommended Chase Freedom.  He got the instant approval but not enough to cover the entire transfer and leave a little utility room.  I had him call the backdoor number immediately and they put in a few numbers then viola- instant 4K increase to the approval.  YMMV but the worst that can happen is "NO CLi".  No HP btw.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 4 of 7
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

EX is now reporting an updated CL. 

Dear TU, 

Could you please stop being so stubborn and start reporting my $5k credit limit so that Chase will like me more?

Sincerely,

Chasing Freedom

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 5 of 7
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

I could wait any longer. I did it. I applied online.

Instant approval: $5k Smiley Very Happy

Ahhh....

Now to do the garden for a very long time....

Message 6 of 7
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Re: UPDATE: Chase CLI

congrats, cli's with chase are indeed HP's.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.