Regular Contributor
MontegoMack

UPDATE: Chase CLI

[ Edited ]

Can you recon for a higher CLI with Chase Freedom and what grounds would be successful? (I've never reconned before).

How long before you can ask for a CLI?

BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa 5k
Chase Freedom 9k
BBRZ MC 800 (SD)
Valued Contributor
Duncanrr

Re: Chase CLI

I think they do another HP with recons but not sure.  I know their CLI are HP's.  I just got the Freedom card and I'm also interested in how the CLI increases and suggested frequency of requesting them should work.

I was planning on requesting one after refi (9 months).

For recons, I think it depends on why they gave you a lower CL.  Whats on your report? How is your income? Be prepared to address any negatives.  I had to recon Freedom for approval and my main negative was my cap1 auto loan.  I had a full history of my consecutive payments to them since August last year printed out and next to me when I called.  So when she said my last late with them was March I counter with the dates and amounts of my payments and said I was currently disputing the account with Cap1 directly as I didnt want to formally dispute the item.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
LS2982

When you say recon did you recently get approved for this card?

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
improvingmycredit

Immediately after approval, call to recon the limit if you want or need more.  I just recently helped one of my managers with his credit card choices.  He wanted to move his debt to a 0% interest card.  I recommended Chase Freedom.  He got the instant approval but not enough to cover the entire transfer and leave a little utility room.  I had him call the backdoor number immediately and they put in a few numbers then viola- instant 4K increase to the approval.  YMMV but the worst that can happen is "NO CLi".  No HP btw.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 798, EX 780, TU 787 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSP 20.5K, QuickSilver 20K, TotalRewards 18K

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
MontegoMack

EX is now reporting an updated CL. 

Dear TU, 

Could you please stop being so stubborn and start reporting my $5k credit limit so that Chase will like me more?

Sincerely,

Chasing Freedom

Chase Freedom 9k
BBRZ MC 800 (SD)
Regular Contributor
MontegoMack

I could wait any longer. I did it. I applied online.

Instant approval: $5k :smileyvery-happy:

Ahhh....

Now to do the garden for a very long time....

Chase Freedom 9k
BBRZ MC 800 (SD)
Established Contributor
migliogiorni

Re: UPDATE: Chase CLI

congrats, cli's with chase are indeed HP's.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+