cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE: Chase is Matching the Offer!] Chase AARP Now Has $200 Bonus for $500 Spend

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: [UPDATE: Chase is Matching the Offer!] Chase AARP Now Has $200 Bonus for $500 Spend

Um...this card is a wee bit better than the aforementioned NFCU.

GoRewards is 3x Dining, but only 2x gas...Smiley Embarassed

And um...this card does 3% on travel purchases too. GoRewards does not.  Wonder if someone under 60 whips this card out and asks for senior discount and is successful...just for fun...just for fun...

Message 81 of 179
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: [UPDATE: Chase is Matching the Offer!] Chase AARP Now Has $200 Bonus for $500 Spend

And to think I was all over this card till I got Sam's MC. And now I'm like eh...lmao. my oh my how things change! 😁
Message 82 of 179
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont think the AARP 3% back on travel card is an option anymore. Its still listed on the website but unavailable when you click the link to apply. Changes to the gas/dining card.
Message 83 of 179
coolbrad
Valued Member

I think we crashed their application site. Smiley Indifferent

Message 84 of 179
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase AARP Now Has $200 Bonus for $500 Spend

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@uecker4life wrote:

Well I guess I'll be the first one to apply for this new offer...  Mortgage closed less than two months ago, and I have added a few new accounts since then that haven't posted yet.  Might as well add one more for the free $200 to go towards a couple household items. 

Will update my post later with the details...  Better not be a denial!  Smiley Very Happy

With your scores you are golden..  Let us know the approval amount!Smiley Happy.   Just don't call recon line if not instant approval..  Sure you know this though

Its not just the scores... I applied at 5am, and called 7 hours later, and have yet to have a decision yet.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 85 of 179
JamP
Valued Contributor

When I was denied Sept. 2nd, they stated I had more then 5 new accounts in a year.

Does that not apply anymore?

Its so hard not to apply for this card. 

I convinced a friend of mine with barely any credit to apply for this card 2 weeks ago and he was instantly approved with a $2500 cl.

Stay strong and resist Smiley Happy

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 86 of 179
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@uecker4life wrote:

Well I guess I'll be the first one to apply for this new offer...  Mortgage closed less than two months ago, and I have added a few new accounts since then that haven't posted yet.  Might as well add one more for the free $200 to go towards a couple household items. 

Will update my post later with the details...  Better not be a denial!  Smiley Very Happy

With your scores you are golden..  Let us know the approval amount!Smiley Happy.   Just don't call recon line if not instant approval..  Sure you know this though

Its not just the scores... I applied at 5am, and called 7 hours later, and have yet to have a decision yet.

I understand this... Chase especially this time of year probably has some sort of delay or verification process even if you have 850 and 0 inquiries it very well could not be instant approval.  How they deem who goes into additional verification or give instant approval only chase knows this answer.  Could be purely random.

Message 87 of 179
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@JamP wrote:

When I was denied Sept. 2nd, they stated I had more then 5 new accounts in a year.

Does that not apply anymore?

Its so hard not to apply for this card. 

I convinced a friend of mine with barely any credit to apply for this card 2 weeks ago and he was instantly approved with a $2500 cl.

Stay strong and resist Smiley Happy

Did you call UW?  If so ya they look for a reasoan to deny you otherwise let it ride out and if your profile supports it, most likely you will be approved.

Message 88 of 179
Guinness
Contributor

I applied yesterday got the 30 day notice and when I called the application status line I get 2 weeks.  I never get an instant approval from Chase.  They pulled EX for me..  EX FICO is 768 over 30+ inq. Currently have United 20k, Ritz 12k, IHG 11k, CSP 8k.

Message 89 of 179
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coolbrad wrote:

I think we crashed their application site. Smiley Indifferent

Yep, and so far that has saved me.

Message 90 of 179
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.