cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE!! Click-or-Not To Click "Accept CLI" Button?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: To Click-or-Not To Click "Accept CLI" Button?

Discover usually does the first few increases at $500 before they start granting the 1.5k's or more.  Just click the button every other month and accept what's offered.  Continue to use the card responsibly and the increases will increase.

Message 11 of 18
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@RM21 wrote:
I'm curious...so is there ever a time when anyone ever thinks about not accepting the low increase? Or should you always accept?

It's not like they're going to dry up and stop giving CLI's.  Take what you can get now (which isn't a bad offer) and move on.  You have other decent cards...time will roll around and you'll be eligible for another increase and maybe then you'll have a offer more to your liking.  I believe you're overthinking this...

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RM21 wrote:
I'm curious...so is there ever a time when anyone ever thinks about not accepting the low increase? Or should you always accept?

I think that declining a CLI thing only works with Cap1, and even then it doesn't always work. With Discover there are many people who only get offered $500, but get offered that every 1-3 months (sometimes in just a couple of weeks) and then at times they get offered more - and now they have a decent limit. Always take it with Discover, and try again in a few weeks.

Message 13 of 18
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I did take the advice given and took the increase. Can't ever learn too much on these forums!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RM21 wrote:
I did take the advice given and took the increase. Can't ever learn too much on these forums!

Good going!

You had us worried for a bit!

Message 15 of 18
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Take it! You never know...next time it could be less! LOL

Message 16 of 18
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: UPDATE!! Click-or-Not To Click "Accept CLI" Button?

@RM21 wrote:

I've been trying for the last few months to get a SP increase with on my Discover IT.  Each time it's offered $500 and I declined, hoping for a larger increase. My last increase was $500 in Nov bringing my CL to $4400. I've spent, paid in full, or carried then paid in full every month. One catch is since I got the card in June '13, they gave me an auto increase each year in June.  So, today I tried again a few days after statement just to see and they're now offering $1K.  

Scores have been rising again from 660's to near 700 now, and I know I'm paying another card down that'll make them jump again after next month. I'm also past due to get SP increases from my Walmart, Citi & C1 cards (C1 Auto CLI me in June every year too, as well as my Barclay's), and I just got an auto 4k CLI from BoA a few weeks back.

What do I do? Will it ruin the chance of a possible auto increase, or may they do it anyway? Their auto increases have been decent. I guess this question applies to some of my other cards too. What would you do?

Any suggestions welcome! Thanks

Update - I haven't logged back on to get the CLI yet. But on another note, I mentioned above how I was soon to be expecting increases on other cards. One of those cards was not Best Buy because it's a HP. But I just looged on to check my statement and they gave me a $2K auto CLI!!! What????? I got them to increse me last year from 300 to 2K. Now this?  A lot of people have hard times with them. I'm shocked, but happy!Smiley Very Happy

Oh and get this.. this is my hgighest utilization card! All my other cards are either under 10% or Zero.  This one reported at 80% LOL. Go figure.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UPDATE!! Click-or-Not To Click "Accept CLI" Button?

A very nice day!  Congrats!  Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.