cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE! EASIEST FLORIDA CREDIT UNION W/HIGH LIMIT?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

I'm trying to find a great credit union here in florida that offers high credit limits.I have one collection on my credit report so I need a credit union that is some what forgiving about reports that are not totally clean. Any suggestions? HELP!!

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Re: EASIEST FLORIDA CREDIT UNION W/HIGH LIMIT?

Any advice?

Goal 750 Across

Message 2 of 11
qtcbcute
Contributor

Try Florida Central Credit Union. I don't have a card with them but was able to refinance my car with no problem. 

Starting Score: ?
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@qtcbcute wrote:

Try Florida Central Credit Union. I don't have a card with them but was able to refinance my car with no problem. 

Thanks

Goal 750 Across

Message 4 of 11
distantarray
Established Contributor

best is USAA and NFCU Smiley Very Happy

besides that best is DCU but not in Florida =(   GTE isn't bad though, and I don't know where in Florida but if your around Tampa Achieva CU is decent.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 5 of 11
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Not sure which are "easy" but First Florida is pretty good...my dad is a state employee and that's the CU they use (but you can join if you're a resident of certain counties). They sent him a CC out of the blue, $6k CL and no hard pulls or anything. Granted, he's been there for like 28 years, but still. I've never heard of just getting a credit card without even applying.

Where are you located? Most CU's are based on location. I'm a member of the Florida State University CU, but it's restricited to Alumni/Students/Faculty and people in Leon and surrounding counties. Florida Commerce CU is another one I've seen a lot of, but I think that's only for north FL. 

There are a lot of CU's in Florida, but since they're almost all restricted to local residents, you have to look up CU's in your specific area.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 11
Mellon
Established Contributor

Try GTE FCU. They pull EQ and they gave me a $3k Platinum Visa. 2 Paid Midland accounts were on my CR at the time. Score at approval was 690

Message 7 of 11
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Thank you everyone for your helpfull advice. After calling up a few of the suggested CUs, the one that seem to offer the best card and services was DCU, so I went for it.I was very leery about applying with a unpaid collection on my credit file but my scores are decent and I wanted to add a Credit Union in order to get a respectable credit limit. This is neccessary for spending purposes, flexible ulti management,and to improve my odds of getting future higher limit cards. I was ask how much did I want and I replied $3K and was approved for that amount. Very pleased and gratefull. Will now garden till around april then I want to app for a Discover Card.

I'm curious how often does DCU offer CLI's?

Goal 750 Across

Message 8 of 11
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: UPDATE! EASIEST FLORIDA CREDIT UNION W/HIGH LIMIT?

@MountainHiker wrote:

Thank you everyone for your helpfull advice. After calling up a few of the suggested CUs, the one that seem to offer the best card and services was DCU, so I went for it.I was very leery about applying with a unpaid collection on my credit file but my scores are decent and I wanted to add a Credit Union in order to get a respectable credit limit. This is neccessary for spending purposes, flexible ulti management,and to improve my odds of getting future higher limit cards. I was ask how much did I want and I replied $3K and was approved for that amount. Very pleased and gratefull. Will now garden till around april then I want to app for a Discover Card.

it's funny you ask for CU in Florida and get one in Mass =P

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 9 of 11
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Re: UPDATE! EASIEST FLORIDA CREDIT UNION W/HIGH LIMIT?

@distantarray wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

it's funny you ask for CU in Florida and get one in Mass =P

lol. You know something, I really wanted to get one in florida but I couldn't find one that offered the kind of credit limit and reward card pluses that I was looking for.Of the choices offered many didn't have high limits or they charged ATM or some other fees. DCU has been talked about before on this site by other posters.Thank you for mentioning that CU.You reminded me of previous comments about this option. Hope it works out well.

Goal 750 Across

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.