Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: Future Wife's AmEx BCE 3X CLI upon Activation: Declined

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: Future Wife's AmEx BCE 3X CLI upon Activation: Declined

Dang!

They did say to try again in 90 days on April 29th. She has $2,000 SL. Oh well....

UPDATE: Got the letter in the mail. It states "...We're wrting to let you know we are unable to approve your request at this time." Reason(s) for our Decision: The length of time you have been a customer with American Express is too short.

So what gives? I've been seeing people saying to get 3X CLI once they get the card activation which she did. many of you got it either 2 or 3X.

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UPDATE: Future Wife's AmEx BCE 3X CLI upon Activation: Declined

bump (for Update, sorry)Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

A CLI at activation or at any point is not guaranteed.  Some get it, some are declined.  The good thing is that Amex spells out when you can try again and their reason for decline.  It's a common denial reason and all you can do is try again in 90 days..

Message 3 of 10
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

I was denied on activation, but approved at 91 days for a $10k CLI. My denial reason probably had to do with new customer, etc. Just be patient and try again at 91 days. The activation CLI is not automatic.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's your first Amex, don't worry too much. They haven't had any history with their internal  scoring. It will come

congrats 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If it's your first Amex, don't worry too much. They haven't had any history with their internal  scoring. It will come

congrats 

Yes, it's her first AmEx ever.

I got the impression that people got their first AmEx as well and they keep telling them to request 3X CLI upon activation.

No worries, she'll try again in 90 days (AmEx says to request on or after April 29th) Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

congrats 

Thanks. She'll wait after 90 days. No worries Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same memo,  so I called the recon line and she told me the same  " too new of an account"  but gave me the exact date to try again.  So far their service has been great,  I knew it wasnt guaranteed so now i just set a calendar reminder for my CLI date.  

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got the same memo,  so I called the recon line and she told me the same  " too new of an account"  but gave me the exact date to try again.  So far their service has been great,  I knew it wasnt guaranteed so now i just set a calendar reminder for my CLI date.  

Me too, I set April 29th on my iPhone iCal reminderSmiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So what gives? I've been seeing people saying to get 3X CLI once they get the card activation which she did. many of you got it either 2 or 3X.

Everyone's credit profile is not identical.  3x is not what one will get.  It was an upper limit before they switched to counteroffering if one requested more than 3x.  What CLI one will get, if any, depends on one's credit profile and income just as it does with any creditor.  You cannot assume that just because others received CLI's that she will as well.

@Anonymous wrote:

You need to give any discussion forum site at least a day for responses and even then one is not guaranteed.  Definitely do not bump a thread 3 minutes after posting it.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.