Contributor
praise123

UPDATE ON BEST BUY

So, I went to BB and was approved for the BB Card.  The store clerk did not recommend the MC for the same reasons many of you suggested here.  The reason I did not wait to use the Citi Diamond Preferred that I am waiting for is because it does not offer cash back opportunities.  BB Reward Zone gives you $5 on every $250 spent, and since I buy there all the time I have $100  in Reward Zone Points that I did not even know that I had.  Also, the purchases total $829 with the IPAD and insurance package, but I plan to pay $500 of that back today.  I expect to have this paid for within the next month.  All of my other CC have a 0 balance so I am managing very well.  My score at the time was about 645.  I am going to garden for real this time so my score can  hopefully climb to 700 by June 2013 which is my goal.

Thanks everyone for your support.  I have to say it feels good to stand at the register and no that you will be approved.  It's a certain level of respect extended to you when you hold these cards, and I am enjoying that respect. 

Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

Re: UPDATE ON BEST BUY

You were approved for the BB store card with a 645 FICO? They must be really loosening up requirements for the card. It used to take a score higher than 720 to get it. I guess CapOne changed the rules? 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Zync NPSL, Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 4/26//2014 no plans for new credit I think I have enough.
Revelate

jamesdwi wrote:

You were approved for the BB store card with a 645 FICO? They must be really loosening up requirements for the card. It used to take a score higher than 720 to get it. I guess CapOne changed the rules? 

Really?  Looking at the databases it seems like 640 was around the minimum for the last year and a half or so, though like anything not all 640's were created equally like any other FICO score.  When did the C1 transition happen, thought it was this year?

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
beautybrainsbooty

I agree with the respect factor! Being responsible, knowing what you owe, how you pay is awesome. Additionally, I am now feeling freedom that I didn't always have in the past. It's a phenom feeling isn't it?

Happy Gardening my friend :smileywink:

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}