Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners

So, I went to BB and was approved for the BB Card.  The store clerk did not recommend the MC for the same reasons many of you suggested here.  The reason I did not wait to use the Citi Diamond Preferred that I am waiting for is because it does not offer cash back opportunities.  BB Reward Zone gives you $5 on every $250 spent, and since I buy there all the time I have $100  in Reward Zone Points that I did not even know that I had.  Also, the purchases total $829 with the IPAD and insurance package, but I plan to pay $500 of that back today.  I expect to have this paid for within the next month.  All of my other CC have a 0 balance so I am managing very well.  My score at the time was about 645.  I am going to garden for real this time so my score can  hopefully climb to 700 by June 2013 which is my goal.

Thanks everyone for your support.  I have to say it feels good to stand at the register and no that you will be approved.  It's a certain level of respect extended to you when you hold these cards, and I am enjoying that respect. 

Valued Contributor

You were approved for the BB store card with a 645 FICO? They must be really loosening up requirements for the card. It used to take a score higher than 720 to get it. I guess CapOne changed the rules? 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 12k Sally Mae5k Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 5k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 10k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP/HP 4/22/2015
Moderator Emeritus

jamesdwi wrote:

You were approved for the BB store card with a 645 FICO? They must be really loosening up requirements for the card. It used to take a score higher than 720 to get it. I guess CapOne changed the rules? 

Really?  Looking at the databases it seems like 640 was around the minimum for the last year and a half or so, though like anything not all 640's were created equally like any other FICO score.  When did the C1 transition happen, thought it was this year?

Starting Score: EQ 04 561, TU 98 567, EX 98 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 700, TU 04 731, EX 98 725 (05/24/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor

I agree with the respect factor! Being responsible, knowing what you owe, how you pay is awesome. Additionally, I am now feeling freedom that I didn't always have in the past. It's a phenom feeling isn't it?

Happy Gardening my friend Smiley Wink

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013

These responses are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.