Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**UPDATE** On Venture spend post I had

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: **UPDATE** On Venture spend post I had

And the best part about this is I'm NOT acquiring any debt to meet the spend bonus. I'm just glad I decided to inquire this morning to my apartment manager about the online thing!

Thanks to everyone who followed my previous post and gave me help and advice!Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 50
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

I'm amazed someone 18 months removed from a BK7 with scores in the mid 600's has nearly $100k in available credit/LOC...

NFCU is pretty forgiving eh?

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 12 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
@missing Cali.....

Yes, some people DO have trouble meeting spend/ bonuses. I'm on a very tight budget, and I don't spend on frivolous things anymore. If you knew my back ground and story you would know why.

It might help you to understand why I having a hard time meeting my bonus if you read my previous thread, it states in there why I was having trouble.

Well, I missed that and I apologize.  Again, I wasn't trying to come off wrong and the points made here are certainly valid and I have a better perspective now.-

Message 13 of 50
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@TRC....

You sound like you're doubting me like I'm lying about how much credit I have available? I'm more than willing to post pictures of every single card and the limits/ balances if that would make you more of a "believer".

Geezz, I've worked really hard since my Bk to rebuild!!Smiley Sad
Message 14 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im glad your situation worked out for you, pizza.

It can certainly take some strategic planning to meet several spend bonuses in a short time. This is largely why my app-o-rama lasted 4 months.
Message 15 of 50
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@pizza1 wrote:
@Anonymous....

You sound like you're doubting me like I'm lying about how much credit I have available? I'm more than willing to post pictures of every single card and the limits/ balances if that would make you more of a "believer".

Yes, you have worked very hard. Anyone who has followed your posts will attest to your efforts.

Again, keep up the good work. 

Message 16 of 50
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Pizza, all you have to do is get a Amex Serve card, load $1k a month onto it from your venture card, then direct deposit it into your bank account then

pay who you need to pay. Problem SOLVED... Trust me, you will get points for the cc upload. I do it with my QS monthly. Or double up on your cell phone bill.

Message 17 of 50
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
@Anonymous....

Nope, I'm not doubting you at all.

As I said, I'm amazed someone 18 months removed from a BK7 with scores in the mid 600's has nearly $100k in available credit/LOC...

NFCU is pretty forgiving eh?

Sometimes I wonder if it would actually have been more beneficial to me to just say to hell with it and file Ch 7... burning everyone 100% rather than paying back over 50% of my debt over the course of 4 years.  I mean, other than the obvious benefit of having my reports cleared in 7 years (instead of 10) what did I gain?

I see people like yourself with lower scores with more credit than I have...  the system makes no sense. 

Of course, I don't have the benefit of NFCU either and I have seen many people with high limit NFCU accounts and low limit everything else... so that's got a lot to do with it.

Just ranting a bit... my Ch 13 stuff falls off in 8-12 months with early deletion and my scores will get a significant boost anyway.  I'm just amazed at how the system works... burning creditors 100% vs paying them back either partially or in full?  You'd think the latter would be worth something but I really wonder sometimes.  Smiley Happy

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 18 of 50
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nixon... This is the first time in my life that I've had the opportunity to have or meet a spend/ bonus! It's all new and exciting for me. But trying to do it on a tight budget, and the snag I had run into previously I thought was going to make it harder.

Spend/ bonus and all that jazz is new to me now. I didn't know a thing about all that pre bk, but I'm gaining knowledge now thanks to all you!Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

Pizza, all you have to do is get a Amex Serve card, load $1k a month onto it from your venture card, then direct deposit it into your bank account then

pay who you need to pay. Problem SOLVED... Trust me, you will get points for the cc upload. I do it with my QS monthly. Or double up on your cell phone bill.

Do we need to bring this up again? Not for here!

Message 20 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.