cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: POLICY CHANGE -CHASE: Lets put our heads together on recent denials.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CHASE: Lets put our heads together on recent denials. Also, why do you like/hate them.

I'm staying mad at chase for now. I moved my banking there when I was mad at BoA for not giving me a card despite my good banking relationship, and now BoA gives me one and chase still doesn't. They won't. They're the only ones (tho I haven't tried Citi yet) who refuse my business

Message 301 of 466
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CHASE: Lets put our heads together on recent denials. Also, why do you like/hate them.

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm staying mad at chase for now. I moved my banking there when I was mad at BoA for not giving me a card despite my good banking relationship, and now BoA gives me one and chase still doesn't. They won't. They're the only ones (tho I haven't tried Citi yet) who refuse my business

@Anonymous,

Did you go in and talk to a business banker?

Message 302 of 466
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not yet; I've been on the road for business and haven't had a chance to go into my local branch.

I certainly plan on it, because of all of your suggestions to do so. I don't know what more they can do given that they tried to approve me but their system wouldn't let them, but I'm more than willing to give it a shot.

Message 303 of 466
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not yet; I've been on the road for business and haven't had a chance to go into my local branch.

I certainly plan on it, because of all of your suggestions to do so. I don't know what more they can do given that they tried to approve me but their system wouldn't let them, but I'm more than willing to give it a shot.

They can manually over-ride the decision the system is making.  Go to the business banker and let him handle it and call the lending department directly.  I am sure when he/she calls they will be willing to manually review it-

Message 304 of 466
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They can manually over-ride the decision the system is making.  Go to the business banker and let him handle it and call the lending department directly.  I am sure when he/she calls they will be willing to manually review it-

Thank you!! Smiley Wink

Message 305 of 466
Anonymous
Not applicable

Although, I thought that is what the credit analyst could do... but I will go. I have 30 days, right?

Message 306 of 466
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!! Smiley Wink

You are welcome!!  Keep us posted on results.  And know the denial can be overturned....

Message 307 of 466
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!! Smiley Wink

You are welcome!!  Keep us posted on results.  And know the denial can be overturned....

I just really noticed your siggy... holy crap on your total line with Chase!!!!!!! Ok, now I'm even more motivated to go talk to them... lol

Message 308 of 466
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
You dont get cashback on debit/checks. Smiley Wink

No you don't but that does not need to be the only thing you care about in life. Yes, cash back is nice. But really...it's insignificant in the grand scheme. Even 5% on $100 is 5 bucks.

Obviously, reap whatever rewards you can. But to act like it is ridiculous to ever want/use debit or cash because you don't get that measly percent or two in cash back is going a bit far to me.

To take even a more reasonable rewards figure, 2%, and 2K/month spending over the next 40 years, is $19.2K back.

Don't know about you but on the assumption I don't have a housing payment, that's non-trivial expenses right there and that's assuming I just stuff the money in a mattress.  Much like credit building, or investing, or retirement planning, or a bunch of other things I could suggest, you have to look at the long-term on something like rewards benefit.  Yup, those two yuppie food stamps per month might not add up to much (though that will pay for a cheap phone plan today which doesn't suck) in the grand scheme of things, but over time that's non-trivial cash even for me when it's a fraction of my annual income.

Add that to the consumer protection and also convenience of credit cards, I don't pay anything by check or cash unless I absolutely have to, and I really don't understand the desire to do so either unless you can't control spending on credit cards (it happens, not judging as I have my own problems).

        
Message 309 of 466
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree.  I just spent my 450.00 rewards from RH today.  Felt nice leaving the mall with an awesome item & only paying the tax!  Smiley Wink

Message 310 of 466
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.