Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE-RE-OPENED Chase Freedom-Thanks-But No Thanks

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

UPDATE-RE-OPENED Chase Freedom-Thanks-But No Thanks

Called this afternoon and closed the above mentioned account after being approved the day before. Not into being deliberately misled by CSR's. Also did not want to take another HP to either be denied or receive an increase of  only $250. UPDATE-Called today and re-opened the acct. Again-was told no credit pull was necessary...but after all this I'm not even going to worry about that right now

Discover It-$6K ll Wells Fargo Visa-$6K ll USAA Cash Rew. Visa-$11K ll OCCU Beaver Visa-$1.5K ll AMEX Green-NPSL ll Macy's-
$2.5K ll Wal Mart/GECRB-$900 ll Chase/BP Gas-$500 ll Sears/Citi-$2k ll Pay-Pal Smart Connect/GECRB-$2K ll Best Buy/Citi-$4K ll
Sportsman's Guide Visa-$7K ll Coldwater Creek M/C-$4.5K ll Credit Union Visa-$1K ll FNBO AMEX-$3.5K ll Chase Freedom-$1.5K-

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Adios Chase Freedom-Thanks-But No Thanks

So what was the problem?
Message 2 of 56
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Involver wrote:
So what was the problem?

My guess is they didn't get the CLI or CL they wanted.

Message 3 of 56
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

This thread from yesterday will give a better understanding.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-App-Approvals/Chase-Freedom-Approved-w-JOKE-Limit-UPDATE...

BUSINESS
Message 4 of 56
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Best of luck... and patience. Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 56
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Kenny RS: Thanks. Chase sent me 5 mailers in the last 3 months. I can be as patient as the next person-but I would think after 8 months of patience and trying to make smarter decisions, i would have finally made it past the Credit One/First Premier toy limit stage.

BUSINESS
Message 6 of 56
newUser0
Established Contributor

I think you really hurried here.

I have seen success stories, of getting HP removed from Chase, IF You call and tell them that they said like this in LAST CALL.

Message 7 of 56
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@newUser0: From the conversation I had with the CSR last night-they weren't going to budge on anything-unless i was willing to take a second HP. And last night I found some other old threads where they screwed a few other people over.  I still have one card with them and there are plenty of other lenders out there.

BUSINESS
Message 8 of 56
newUser0
Established Contributor

Ultimately, If you feel Happy. Just Do It. 

I am happy for you!!

Message 9 of 56
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Wow, sorry you went through all that confusion.  I am a little taken aback that you are so upset that you would cancel it after taking a HP anyway, especially when you didn't even need the card like you said.  It would have grown with minimal use.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 10 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.