cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ UPDATE ]Rumor Chase Will Launch Premium Southwest Card.

tag
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

[ UPDATE ]Rumor Chase Will Launch Premium Southwest Card.

I thought readers could use some cheering up after the launch of the pathetic Barclays Arrival Premier, devaluation of the IHG card & new restriction on Southwest cards. This comes from a normally very reliable source. Chase and Southwest have plans to launch a premium Southwest card later this year (Q3), card will come with a number of Southwest benefits and is being positioned as a premium card. Sign up bonus is set to be high enough that if paired with another 50,000 point bonus you’d have enough for a companion pass (e.g it’s 70,000 or more). This is one of the reasons the new restriction was added to Southwest cards

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/rumor-chase-will-launch-premium-southwest-card/

We now have some additional details regarding the card:

• Launch date set for sometime in July
  • Annual fee of $150
  • Will come with a discount on inflight items
  • Comes with upgrades for A1-15 boarding

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Rumor Chase Will Launch Premium Southwest Card.

Kool SaleenSmiley Happy please let me know if you find out who gets the next NBA cardSmiley Happy Lol Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 22
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCreditwrote:
Kool SaleenSmiley Happy please let me know if you find out who gets the next NBA cardSmiley Happy Lol Smiley Wink

LOL.  

Message 3 of 22
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Hyatt needs to be revamped. I can see that being the next card. 

Message 4 of 22
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Saleen099wrote:

Why? And what changes would you expect? I'm pretty happy with it as it is.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 22
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@wasCB14wrote:

@Saleen099wrote:

For starters Hyatt could start giving you some elite nights that would go towards your status like the Marriott credit card.   Instead of 3 points per dollar spent at Hyatt they can make it 5 points per dollar and maybe they could start people out of the higher elite status than what they currently offer.  

Message 6 of 22
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Saleen099wrote:

@wasCB14wrote:

@Saleen099wrote:

For starters Hyatt could start giving you some elite nights that would go towards your status like the Marriott credit card.   Instead of 3 points per dollar spent at Hyatt they can make it 5 points per dollar and maybe they could start people out of the higher elite status than what they currently offer.  

Weren't elite night credits a perk before the WoH conversion? Not like Marriott with one for every $3k, but I think they gave a few after $15k or $20k. I don't know if they'd bring them back so quickly.

They do offer Explorist after $50k spend (not necessarily worth the spend, but an available incentive nonetheless).

3 points per dollar at Hyatts could be improved.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Southwest just devalued their points to 1.2 cents each so even if they make this a 70k sign up bonus it is going to be worth less. I wonder if they make this card 5/24. If so what it offers is irrelevant to me.
Message 8 of 22
negg
Frequent Contributor

Hmmmm, interesting timing for the rumored release in Q3.  Happens to be around the same time SW eithers start taking reservations or flying to Hawaii. Wonder if this might be a marketing idea. 

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 9 of 22
redpat
Senior Contributor

Southwest and Premium, isn't this an oxymoron card?

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.