Frequent Contributor
SwampSystems

UPDATE: Successful PC! [Pulled the trigger too soon on US Bank Cash+]

[ Edited ]

After my CSP approval I was stoked, so I applied for the Cash+ rewards card online. Called underwriting today and they said I was approved for a $7500 limit, but only for the regular Cash Rewards card. See my CSP approval thread for my credit stats at the time.

They did say that they might be able to upgrade the card after 6 months of usage, but I don't really see myself even using the card without the 5% rewards. Oh well, another positive tradeline for the sock drawer.

Established Contributor
CruzImperial

Re: Pulled the trigger too soon on US Bank Cash+

There is the possibility of them upgrading the card with low usage though. Good luck and grats for approval!!
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . App free since Aug 2013 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 1k | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 6k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 800 | CSP 7.2k
Frequent Contributor
SwampSystems

CruzImperial wrote:
There is the possibility of them upgrading the card with low usage though. Good luck and grats for approval!!

UPDATE: Called in twice immediately after approval to try to switch to Cash Plus and was turned down. I never activated the card and sock drawered it since it was useless to me without the 5% categories.

Decided to follow up this morning, and I was able to immediately product change to Cash Plus upon inquiring. Representative said I would be receiving a new card with a new account number, but that it would show up as the same tradeline on my credit report. She could not explain why I was approved for a $7,500 Cash Rewards card instead of the Cash Plus but now was suddenly eligible for the Cash Plus after a month and a half of not even using the card.

Regardless, I am extremely happy to finally have this card!

Valued Contributor
creditnocash

congrats! that's awesome. 

i wish there was a us bank branch around me =/

Current: Discover Fico 689 7/14 Walmart Fico 682 7/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 8 TU 5 EX 5 | Most Recent: 09/04/2013
2 Inquiries in The Last 12 Months

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Valued Contributor
Epcot

Glad you kept at it! Good job and Congrats on getting the PC!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 809 EX 774 TU 805
App free since 4/11/13
Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

+1.. Good luck

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+