Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: Successful PC! [Pulled the trigger too soon on US Bank Cash+]

tag
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

UPDATE: Successful PC! [Pulled the trigger too soon on US Bank Cash+]

After my CSP approval I was stoked, so I applied for the Cash+ rewards card online. Called underwriting today and they said I was approved for a $7500 limit, but only for the regular Cash Rewards card. See my CSP approval thread for my credit stats at the time.

They did say that they might be able to upgrade the card after 6 months of usage, but I don't really see myself even using the card without the 5% rewards. Oh well, another positive tradeline for the sock drawer.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Re: Pulled the trigger too soon on US Bank Cash+

There is the possibility of them upgrading the card with low usage though. Good luck and grats for approval!!
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 2 of 6
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:
There is the possibility of them upgrading the card with low usage though. Good luck and grats for approval!!

UPDATE: Called in twice immediately after approval to try to switch to Cash Plus and was turned down. I never activated the card and sock drawered it since it was useless to me without the 5% categories.

Decided to follow up this morning, and I was able to immediately product change to Cash Plus upon inquiring. Representative said I would be receiving a new card with a new account number, but that it would show up as the same tradeline on my credit report. She could not explain why I was approved for a $7,500 Cash Rewards card instead of the Cash Plus but now was suddenly eligible for the Cash Plus after a month and a half of not even using the card.

Regardless, I am extremely happy to finally have this card!

Message 3 of 6
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

congrats! that's awesome. 

i wish there was a us bank branch around me =/

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 4 of 6
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Glad you kept at it! Good job and Congrats on getting the PC!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 6
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1.. Good luck

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.