cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*UPDATE* Unbelievable success with Chase Sapphire Preferred!

tag
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

*UPDATE* Unbelievable success with Chase Sapphire Preferred!

So I had a very, very lucky Friday afternoon! So much so that it deserved, I felt, a thread of its own. I am in the rebuilding process as you can see by my FICOs and I am currently have a joint Chase Freedom 4k CL with my wife that we opened late November. I have removed pretty much all of my baddies thanks to myFico and the forums. So last week on Saturday I believe I app'd for the Chase Sapphire Preferred. I knew my chances were slim but my DW is in a similiar position as me and they still extended her credit through the Freedom so I thought what the heck!

After first being "processed" all week it changed into "under review" through the automated system. Today I called the Exec. Office from the backdoor number thread, I spoke to a nice lady who asked for my info and pulled up the app. Placed on hold and she came back and said I was declined Smiley Sad due to too many recent INQs.

I then went ahead and explained the reasons for them and it seemed to satisfy her, then she commented on my short credit history which I explained I had begun expandingy credit profile due to our plans to apply for a mortgage at years end. I also kept reminding her I was a current Freedom cardholder and we had run through the card very high balances and PIFd. This also seemed to satisfy her questions. She then told me that she was going to try to run my app through. About 4 minutes later she came on and told me the strangest thing. She told me that the min. CL for the Sapphire Preferred is 5k and if I wanted to try for it she would need to do something behind the scenes with her supervisor but she needed to speak to my wife because it involved taking a min. of 1k from the Freedom possibly more to authorize the app or something to that affect. My wife said sure and I said ok, about 10 horribly long minutes she came back and told me those words all of us love to hear:

APPROVED!!!! 5k CL to start with.

But I wasn't done there! Since this lady was awesome and totally nice I begged her to let me use my app info she currently had to app for the Chase Disney Premier! She said she needed to find out if it could be done without a HP, at this point it was almost an hour according to my phone. She said she would find out and call me back. About 30 minutes later I get a call back from her saying she has some one I couldn't catch who it was on the line, they reviewed some security things with me, asked what image I would like and BAM APPROVED for the Chase Disney Premier - 5k CL! I made sure to ask it wouldn't be a HP and this second (also very nice lady) confirmed it would not be. I thanked them both, biting my tongue not to ask to have it overnighted, hung up...looked at my wife and we both started screaming out of excitement. I don't know what to say except I'm so thankful to Chase. I hope this doesn't inspire others to app without the same results, I have no doubts I somehow cashed in at the right moment, right person type of thing but it goes to show you we sometimes have no idea how these companies tick.

My other stats:

Income: $60,000
AAoA: 2 years

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: *UPDATE* Unbelievable success with Chase Sapphire Preferred!

DANG! Very very nice.

Message 2 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

"We need to take $1k off your Freedom so we can approve you for $5k Sapphire..  But since you asked so nicely we'll throw in an additional $5k Disney"

CCC Logic!

Message 3 of 37
Guava
Established Contributor

Wow major congrats! That lady sure was nice! Great for you!

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 37
teenastie
Established Contributor

Amazing story,

By reading your recent posts (and your name) I KNOW that there is nothing better than the Chase Disney Premier!!! I'll see you in FL!!! or CA!!! 

Message 5 of 37
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

I have been reading your exploits wishing you the best . . Good for you!

Chase is my leading lender along with AMEX, so I am especially careful with those 2 while watching all my cards closely not to mess up.  It only takes once.,

Message 6 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow! That's great! Congratulations to you!

I would love to have the Chase Disney Card so that I can start earning points to use when I take my son to Disney World when he turns 5 next year.

Message 7 of 37
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

@teenastie wrote:

Amazing story,

By reading your recent posts (and your name) I KNOW that there is nothing better than the Chase Disney Premier!!! I'll see you in FL!!! or CA!!! 

Haha thank you! I know I was really gunning for that Disney Premier, and of course I had to pick Sorcerer Mickey!

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 8 of 37
teenastie
Established Contributor

@Mickey11 wrote:

@teenastie wrote:

Amazing story,

Haha thank you! I know I was really gunning for that Disney Premier, and of course I had to pick Sorcerer Mickey!

That card is pretty epic! I got goose bumps seeing it and I wouldn't consider myself the biggest disney fan!

Message 9 of 37
jules79
Established Member

Great Story with a Happy Ending...i will Be in your position in less than 60 days.hopefully 2 CHASE CCs' with 1 HP.after I apply my auto loan with CHASE

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.