Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE on Macys/Bloomies post BK policy

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

UPDATE on Macys/Bloomies post BK policy

so, since Im in the garden, Ive decided to make phone calls to certain cards for information to help pass time, LOL...

Spoke with a Senior Supervisor in the Credit Dept, and this is no surprise, but heres what she said.....

"Our policy on approving someone with a past BK, (7 or 13), and, whether or not there was a previous account with us IIB or not, is 4 YEARS FROM THE MONTH AND YEAR OF THE BK FILING DATE, AND YOU HAVE HAD TO REESTABLISH GOOD CREDIT FOR AT LEAST 1 YEAR AFTER THE BK TO BE CONSIDERED. NO EXECPTIONS...

This goes for BOTH Macys and Bloomingdales, since they are the same company/credit. 

In my case, I had a Bloomies closed in 2009 in good standing, $0 bal, $2k limit for non use (still shows on reports). Macys was IIB in 2013. The soonest I could apply again for either card will be June of 2017,  thats what I was told. She told me she could see my past Bloomies and macys acct in their system too. 

Told me I would be good to go in 2017..., lol Smiley Happy

Just a little bit info...

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guydiver
Established Contributor

Re: UPDATE on Macys/Bloomies post BK policy

Thanks Pizza.  Great info.

'diver

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.