Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED -Cap One Upgrade Offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATED -Cap One Upgrade Offer

Ok.. slow day at work.. checked the upgrade link.. about 4 years ago i started out with the usual $300 Platinum MC.. joined here in September, learned about the upgrade link, got the offer to upgrade to the QS.. today, got this offer.. now i know the Venture One has a bad rap but here but all i have EVER wanted is a travel card!!! .. should i? - BTW. the apr listed is a promotional APR i got over chat for 7 months so.. for everyone who says cap1 doesn't give lower apr's, yes they do!

Venture One®

Travelers earn 1.25 miles for every dollar spent

$0 Annual Fee

• No application required
  • Same account and card number
  • 19.9% APR remains unchanged
  • $3,750 Credit line remains unchanged
  • Please note, this upgrade doesn't include promotional offers or bonuses that are for new customers only
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap One Upgrade Offer - Yes,no?

If that upgrade fits your needs and you can justify it, then go for it. Sounds like it fits your spending habits and the reward structure is what you want. In that case grab it. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 2 of 21
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

In my best "Waterboy" voice. You can DOOOOOOOOO EEEEEEETT!

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks sandman..i do like the cash back but i get cash back on my discover anyway..idk if you remember but when i first joined i fought cap1 tooth and nail over the venture card, even wrote to the executive office..

just wanted to hear thoughts on the ventureone.. everyone is so against it.. seen a lot of posts saying noone should ever have it!! LOL..

Message 4 of 21
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

I do remember and I'll never be part of the Cap One Family again since I burned them before and am still trying to pay them off. But again if you want the rewards then I would do it. But then again with your improved scores I would think an Amex would be a better fit especially if you use Delta a lot. The Delta card has been somewhat easier to get from what I've read. But at the end of the day you have to ask yourself. "what's in my wallet?"

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sandman771 wrote:

I do remember and I'll never be part of the Cap One Family again since I burned them before and am still trying to pay them off. But again if you want the rewards then I would do it. But then again with your improved scores I would think an Amex would be a better fit especially if you use Delta a lot. The Delta card has been somewhat easier to get from what I've read. But at the end of the day you have to ask yourself. "what's in my wallet?"

still can't get amex.. 5 years 1month from BK.. still got a whole year left.. haha

Message 6 of 21
LCC_mk14
Regular Contributor

I PC'ed to the venture one from a platinum about a month ago. I don't find it too terrible. 

Note though that the "miles" aren't really miles. The way it has been explained to me here on myfico is that they only have full value if redeemed for travel. You can still redeem them though for cash back, just at a lower value per mile. 

Basically, its 1.25% cashback card, that only has that much value if redeemed for travel. 

This article here helpd too http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2015/08/04/capital-one-venture-card/

Message 7 of 21
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Well that answers that question then doesn't it? Go with what you can get until you can get something better. 

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LCC_mk14 wrote:

I PC'ed to the venture one from a platinum about a month ago. I don't find it too terrible. 

Note though that the "miles" aren't really miles. The way it has been explained to me here on myfico is that they only have full value if redeemed for travel. You can still redeem them though for cash back, just at a lower value per mile. 

Basically, its 1.25% cashback card, that only has that much value if redeemed for travel. 

This article here helpd too http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2015/08/04/capital-one-venture-card/

ok thanks!

Message 9 of 21
enjoimorenow
Frequent Contributor

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I would never do this upgrade.

I really don't see any benefit to the Venture One over the QS..???

I know you want a travel card, but the Venture One is not really a "travel card" it is a cash back card that can only be redeemed for travel expenses (unless you want cash back then it has an even lower value).

So QS, you get 1.5% cash back on anything

V1 you get 1.25% cash back only on travel and less if you want actual cash back.

IMO, it makes a lot more sense to just keep the QS and use the cash back for travel or whatever you want.  

BK 7 Scores (08/2016): EQ-528. TU-486. EX-530.
Current Scores (04/2022): EQ-717. TU-735. EX-736.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.