Did you mean: 

***UPDATED*** Help me construct my app spree - Let's do this

tag
MamboItaliano
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help me construct my app spree - Let's do this ***UPDATED WITH RESULTS***

Smiley Mad

throws his 10 internet bucks at credit addict and storms off

Told me there was no chance for an override. Simply too many inquires. I should have pulled them early but they were never on my plan for my app spree (excel spreadsheet with anticipated CRA pulls, card-priority, and running tally of pulls) and only when I saw that my wife got one did I want one. Dumb.

However, I did solve the Citi-puzzle of getting someone in the US.

Simply say that you were looking to talk to a supervisor in Maryland and that who you had talked to last time was going to put you through but it was too late in the day so they said to call back. 

Works like a charm. 

In other news, a little surprise happened. I guess I applied for a 2nd BOFA (Bass Pro) and US Bank Flex Perks card in the midst of the app-surge (this is still all from that weekend of madness):

BOFA Bass Pro card: Approved 5k

US Bank Flex Perks: Approved 2k (after recon)

Re-entered the garden on 9/16/2013.

Starting Score: (TU) 517 (EQ) 469 (EX) 519 (6/1/2010)
Current Score: (TU98) 714 (TU04) 712 (EQ Beacon 5.0) 672 (EX -FICO v2) 724 (6/13/13)
Goal Score: 700 Club for all 3 (2 out of 3 so far)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 41 of 43
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@MamboItaliano wrote:

Smiley Mad

throws his 10 internet bucks at credit addict and storms off

Told me there was no chance for an override. Simply too many inquires. I should have pulled them early but they were never on my plan for my app spree (excel spreadsheet with anticipated CRA pulls, card-priority, and running tally of pulls) and only when I saw that my wife got one did I want one. Dumb.

However, I did solve the Citi-puzzle of getting someone in the US.

Simply say that you were looking to talk to a supervisor in Maryland and that who you had talked to last time was going to put you through but it was too late in the day so they said to call back. 

Works like a charm. 

In other news, a little surprise happened. I guess I applied for a 2nd BOFA (Bass Pro) and US Bank Flex Perks card in the midst of the app-surge (this is still all from that weekend of madness):

BOFA Bass Pro card: Approved 5k

US Bank Flex Perks: Approved 2k (after recon)

LOL, I really was hoping to pay out on this one... you had quite a great convo... sad but based on these other approvals Citi is stupid!

You got some great ones!

Hey Hey Bofa! I wish I had got my partner to hit up another BofA or 2 on his app... I mean he got instant $15k on first, surely a 2nd would have gone through.... did a businesss instead but by the time it came around that they wouldn't accept the state docs we had without changes it would need new credit pulls... which is maddening since it was approved if they took the docs... wanted the biz way more than another personal but would have traded more credit for the pulls if i knew to just do another personal! hehe.

Message 42 of 43
MamboItaliano
Frequent Contributor

I only read the thread about Citi closing down accounts because of total available credit after I posted my last post. Sound like they're getting stupid. Now that I'm beyond the 100k mark, I'm almost glad I don't have to deal with that. Their loss.

Re-entered the garden on 9/16/2013.

Starting Score: (TU) 517 (EQ) 469 (EX) 519 (6/1/2010)
Current Score: (TU98) 714 (TU04) 712 (EQ Beacon 5.0) 672 (EX -FICO v2) 724 (6/13/13)
Goal Score: 700 Club for all 3 (2 out of 3 so far)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.