cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Yes They Will: Chase Chargeoff 7 Years Ago.....Another Chance?

tag
nicemann
Established Contributor

UPDATED: Yes They Will: Chase Chargeoff 7 Years Ago.....Another Chance?

I had Chase about 7 1/2 years ago.  I was dumb and charged up that card and also a couple of others ones (Wellsfargo, AMEX, Discover, Providian) and never paid them off.  All of my charge offs are off the report now.  BoA has been great, I currently have 3 cards, over $22,000 credit line.  Of course they were not one of the accounts that got charged off. 

Everyone is talking about how great Chase is....but I did not want to waste an Inq.  Anyone been in the same situation and Chase approved them years later?

Thank you!

Message Edited by nicemann on 05-13-2008 07:11 PM
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Chargeoff 7 Years Ago.....Another Chance?

is the chargeoff off of your report? from what i've read, chase is forgiving in certain cases, but the chargeoffs were usually already off the reports.

amex- VERY long memory and apparently you'll be blacklisted for forever.  even though my amex chargeoff dropped off my report nearly 10 years ago, my latest denial (a year or so ago) basically said 'you burned us once and so you're denied.  end of story.'

providian (now wamu)- people have been denied for wamu cards for mucking up providian cards.
Message 2 of 19
smallfry
Senior Contributor

You never know for certain in the credit game. I BK'd Chase and got another card from them 7 years into the BK.
Message 3 of 19
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Chase I am not sure of. I've read some posts where people were able to get a new CC from Chase after the CO fell off the report.

Amex has this Oasis program to rehab a bad account. I think you have to be invited. They will remove the negative info from your CR and issue a new Optima CC with the original open date on it with half of the previous limit if you PIF.

It's actually ingenious on their part. They recover old debt, and then get to make more money from the responsible consumer. I also consider it to be probably the best deal in terms of getting a CO taken care of also.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 19
nicemann
Established Contributor

Urgh.....am I the only one that let's their credit status drive them crazy, LOL
Message 5 of 19
nicemann
Established Contributor

I take the chance and I get

Thanks for Applying

We are currently reviewing your application. You will be notified in writing about the status of your application within 30 days, as required by law.

Please do not resubmit your application.

Please close this window. If you don't, someone could access your personal information by using the 'back' button on your browser.

Oh Well....

Message Edited by nicemann on 05-10-2008 03:41 PM
Message 6 of 19
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@nicemann wrote:
I take the chance and I get
Thanks for Applying

We are currently reviewing your application. You will be notified in writing about the status of your application within 30 days, as required by law.

Please do not resubmit your application.

Please close this window. If you don't, someone could access your personal information by using the 'back' button on your browser.

Oh Well....

Message Edited by nicemann on 05-10-2008 03:41 PM

I've gotten approvals with that message. What creditor?
Message 7 of 19
smallfry
Senior Contributor

IF its Chase they might know the outcome and still make you wait over 3 weeks before they release the info on the automated line. Good luck.
Message 8 of 19
nicemann
Established Contributor

Yep it's Chase.  Like I said I had a chargeoff about 7 1/2 years ago, so I am not holding my breath.
Message 9 of 19
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I'm sure someone has the phone number here for you to check the status of your application. Like I said be prepared to wait close to 30 days.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.