cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Yes They Will: Chase Chargeoff 7 Years Ago.....Another Chance?

tag
nicemann
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Chargeoff 7 Years Ago.....Another Chance?

Yeah I found the number 1-888-215-3049.  It of course says they are processing.  I will wait a day or two and call back.  I except to wait the 30 days for my denial. 
Message 11 of 19
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Both times I've applied with Chase I've gotten that message, and both times I was approved.

So it might not be bad.
Here we go again...
Message 12 of 19
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I got the card in the mail before the automated line updated to approved. Not kidding. It is not a decline same message that I got.
Message 13 of 19
nicemann
Established Contributor

*says to himself* Don't get your hopes up.  Just keep thinking you will not get it so you won't be upset
Message 14 of 19
nicemann
Established Contributor

OMG I just called the recon line to check the status of my application.  She said I was turned down because of three reasons.  First because I opened four new credit cards lately.  I told her I currently bank at BoA and they offered those to me.  Second I have two collections showing on my account.  I explained to her I am investigating those now, they are medical.  She then said the one I was dreading.  Well back in 2002 I show you have a charge off of $2,000 on a Chase CC.  (My mouth just about dropped).  Of course I said I don't remember those but I had problems when I was younger with my credit.  She said that's ok she understands.  That she would approve me for a $3,000 CC and would have it out in the mail within 7 days.  I wanted to jump out of my sit right then and dance.  Yes I do have $22,000 in CCs with BoA but my credit has gotten so much better even Chase with a chargeoff is willing to give me another chance.

Once again....thank you to everyone for giving me the courage!!
Message 15 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Woo-hoo!!!! Way to hang in there! many congrats
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe one day I'll get up the nerve to try it with BoA.... I hear they have a long memory too. Mine was with MBNA back in the day. It's nice to see a success story on this.
Message 17 of 19
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

This is refreshing news!  Congrats Nice!  There may be hope with me getting a Chase someday, too!  I've been too chicken to try!

-P
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 18 of 19
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats. Nice persistence.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.