Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED!!! closed two cards!!!!

tag
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Re: UPDATED!!!closing two cards...

updated op

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 11 of 15
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

FYI - HSBC is really bad about updating their accounts. They may show your balance as zero, but the card may not show as closed on your reports. When the Zero balance shows, make sure you check to see if it is closed. When I closed my Orchard and BBRZ Gold,  they even sent a confirmation letter that the accounts were closed. But 3 months later, I could sign in to the online account, and see it said closed, but they STILL hadn't updated them as closed with the credit bureaus.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 12 of 15
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

i will check in a month when the statement posts.... ill see what happens im just glad i got rid of them and kicked FP to the curb

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 13 of 15
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

i will check in a month when the statement posts.... ill see what happens im just glad i got rid of them and kicked FP to the curb

Hi afbar! I am sorry to revive this older post but did your account ever update as closed with FP when your statement cut? 

Thanks.

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tonyaether wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

Hi afbar! I am sorry to revive this older post but did your account ever update as closed with FP when your statement cut? 

Thanks.

I'm curious as well. I'm closing mine thursday and I want to make sure it reports a closed PIF on April's update.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.