Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS OR USPS MAILBOX

tag
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

UPS OR USPS MAILBOX

Would it be a problem if I use a UPS mailbox or a USPS PO BOX to apply and recieve my new cards?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UPS OR USPS MAILBOX

@tbea1004 wrote:

Would it be a problem if I use a UPS mailbox or a USPS PO BOX to apply and recieve my new cards?

Yes it's a problem.  Credit card companies will not mail a card to a po box

Message 2 of 14
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

You will have to provide your physical address on the application. Some applications will allow you to list a separate mailing address in addition to the physical. In the case of apps that do not provide a section to insert the alternate mailing address (such as a USPS PO Box), once the app is approved, you may call the CCC and request your card be mailed to your alternate mailing address. I always request that all mail be sent directly to my USPS PO Box. Never a problem for me. And all replacement cards are sent to my PO Box as well.
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SOGGIE wrote:
You will have to provide your physical address on the application. Some applications will allow you to list a separate mailing address in addition to the physical. In the case of apps that do not provide a section to insert the alternate mailing address (such as a USPS PO Box), once the app is approved, you may call the CCC and request your card be mailed to your alternate mailing address. I always request that all mail be sent directly to my USPS PO Box. Never a problem for me. And all replacement cards are sent to my PO Box as well.

I'm aware that they will mail replacement cards to a po box but you're saying that they will mail the original card to one if you call them after the approval?  

Message 4 of 14
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

I'm aware that they will mail replacement cards to a po box but you're saying that they will mail the original card to one if you call them after the approval?  

Yes indeed.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SOGGIE wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

Yes indeed.

Interesting.  Did not know that. Thanks for the correction

Message 6 of 14
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

Yes indeed.

Interesting.  Did not know that. Thanks for the correction

YW! The banks know that some folks live in bad neighborhoods, use shared mailboxes, or have other extenuating circumstances. Therefore, they allow a po box to be used as an alternate mailing address. I use my po box for my other banking accounts (checking/savings) as well.

Message 7 of 14
ceejx
Established Contributor

I only have a PO Box.. where I live we don't have home mail delivery. Never had an issue. I do have to provide my physical address when applying, then I use a mailing address to recieve the card.

Message 8 of 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@ceejx wrote:

I only have a PO Box.. where I live we don't have home mail delivery. Never had an issue. I do have to provide my physical address when applying, then I use a mailing address to recieve the card.

^^ 

As long as you provide a physical address as well, you're good. 

On the app when it says "Not a PO box" it means you cant list the PO box as your physical address. 

Message 9 of 14
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

When you sign up for a USPS P.O. Box ask about the options the PO BOx comes with that does not cost extra and included in the PO Box fee. 

For example, you can check off an option on the form for you to be emailed when you have mail in your PO Box.

But to your question, there is another free option for you to use the USPS physical mailing address to make it seem like you have a physical address, but it will be delivered to your PO Box. The USPS rep. told me about this which is a cool feature. For example, if your PO Box is:

PO Box 1234

Any City, California 99999

and the USPS location address is:

444 Any Street

You can have your mailing address you give companies listed as a physical address like:

444 Any Street, # 1234

So your PO Box is #1234 but you are using the USPS physical office location.

So voila! You are using the USPS physical addess of 444 Any Street that sends mail to your PO Box location "#1234" -- the USPS rep said to use "#" and not "PO BOX" before your box 1234.

No one has to know and appears to be a street address with a # "1234" but it's in fact a PO Box

(but you just can't list it this way first with USPS permission, you need to check off that option on the USPS PO Box sign up form where you choose various features like this and when you do it'll be set up for you to use their physical address)

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.