Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS delivery of credit card

tag
nagisa
New Contributor

UPS delivery of credit card

I have a new credit card coming via UPS tomorrow, but I'm not going to be home to receive it. I tried calling UPS to see if they could redirect it to my office or the local UPS store but they said Chase had placed a restriction preventing that.

If I'm not home, will they leave thru my door without a signature? I've had this happen for gift cards, but I'm not sure whether they'd do it for credit cards. If I get the infonotice saying they missed me, is it possible to pick it up at the ups depot?

PNC Points Visa $3.3k (5/09), Amex PRG NPSP (9/10), Amex BCP $19.7k (10/12), Chase Amazon $4.8k (10/12), Citi Forward $7.5k (11/12), Chase Southwest RR Premier $8k (3/13), Discover it $4.3k (11/13), Citi Double Cash $18k (PC'd 9/16 from AA Executive 7/15), Chase CSR $12.2k (9/16)
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: UPS delivery of credit card

Yes u will be able to pick it up at the depot. Call ups after the first delivery attempt and they will tell you the hours where you can pick it up. All you need is a valid government id.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 14
jacquelinemay9
New Contributor

Congrats on the new card! Have you tried contacting Chase since they were the ones who put the restrictions on delivery? Maybe they have a policy in place for that type of thing.

Message 3 of 14
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

I would say, leave a note on your door telling the UPS man where you want him to put it. I got my Discover It card but it was with FedEx and he left it at my door

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 4 of 14
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

UPS would be able to tell you if you could pick it up or not. The restrictions they placed are for your protection. You don't want the Geezenstack kid next door taking your card and going nuts on it.

Message 5 of 14
lithium78
Established Contributor

@newportguy wrote:

I would say, leave a note on your door telling the UPS man where you want him to put it. I got my Discover It card but it was with FedEx and he left it at my door

That's what they did with my Discover It card too and I was horrified because anybody in the neighborhood could have taken it.  Not cool at all.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 14
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

@lithium78 wrote:

@newportguy wrote:

That's what they did with my Discover It card too and I was horrified because anybody in the neighborhood could have taken it.  Not cool at all.

I recieved my CSP via UPS earlier this month and UPS just rang my bell and left it under the door mat. 

***AMEX PLATINUM NPSL *******AMEX BCP 23,100***** CITI DOUBLE CASHBACK $5,900 *****Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 **** Chase Freedom $8,000 *****Sears Mastercard Platinum $5,000 **** Macy's Star Rewards $1,000 ***** American Express BCE $24,900 (AU) **** *****Discover IT $8,500 (AU)*****
Message 7 of 14
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

@newportguy wrote:

The card is not activated so why worry so much ?

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 8 of 14
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

When chase sent me my new card via ups, the guy just slid it under my door. Fast and simple.
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 9 of 14
nagisa
New Contributor

@newportguy wrote:

@lithium78 wrote:

The card is not activated so why worry so much ?

Also not my problem if someone steals it and goes crazy. That's the bank's problem.

PNC Points Visa $3.3k (5/09), Amex PRG NPSP (9/10), Amex BCP $19.7k (10/12), Chase Amazon $4.8k (10/12), Citi Forward $7.5k (11/12), Chase Southwest RR Premier $8k (3/13), Discover it $4.3k (11/13), Citi Double Cash $18k (PC'd 9/16 from AA Executive 7/15), Chase CSR $12.2k (9/16)
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.