Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UR Mall Bonus Points Issue

tag
CreditMENA
New Contributor

UR Mall Bonus Points Issue

Evening all,

Has anyone else had issues with getting the bonus points earned through purchasing stuff through the UR mall link? I booked a $300 hotel stay through the UR mall using my CSP which had 3x points (hotels.com) in addition to 2x points for being a travel category...which should have assumingly given me 1500 points for the stay. I had noticed that there was no bonus for this purchase and I SPECFICIALLY remember booking it through the UR mall as I always do.

I sent Chase a secure message and they're giving me a little pushback...I'm not triyng to cheat my way into points but rather just trying to get what I rightfully earned. Would I have better luck calling a CSR in the morning?

Thank you guys!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: UR Mall Bonus Points Issue

@CreditMENA wrote:

Evening all,

Has anyone else had issues with getting the bonus points earned through purchasing stuff through the UR mall link? I booked a $300 hotel stay through the UR mall using my CSP which had 3x points (hotels.com) in addition to 2x points for being a travel category...which should have assumingly given me 1500 points for the stay. I had noticed that there was no bonus for this purchase and I SPECFICIALLY remember booking it through the UR mall as I always do.

I sent Chase a secure message and they're giving me a little pushback...I'm not triyng to cheat my way into points but rather just trying to get what I rightfully earned. Would I have better luck calling a CSR in the morning?

Thank you guys!

Email them again.

I had some problems with UR Mall purchases, and it was resolved after contacting them a couple of times.

I'm guessing it has to do more with getting the "right" guy to help more than anything else.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

I've had problems with UR when I forgot to disable AdBlock & ScriptSafe.  If you're running anything like that or have anything blocking cookies, javascript, etc then make sure it's disabled before you hit the UR mall. 

Message 3 of 8
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@CreditMENA wrote:

Evening all,

Thank you guys!

Email them again.

I had some problems with UR Mall purchases, and it was resolved after contacting them a couple of times.

I'm guessing it has to do more with getting the "right" guy to help more than anything else.

+1. Hotel stays are some of the most difficult ones to have points post, from my experiences. I've had a couple stays with Marriott where I had to call several times in order for it to get resolved. One was such a pain that I had to call up 7 times over a 3 month period. If it was a small stay I probably wouldn't have bothered, but it was about $2,500 so I didn't want to let that simply pass.

Part of the issue is that the stays have to be "consumed" before any points are officially posted. Depending on how far in advance you made the booking, there may be some reliability issues. Also I've found that some room packages cause additional issues with points posting as well.

Good luck with this.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 4 of 8
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

@CreditMENA wrote:

Evening all,

Thank you guys!

I've had them say that I didn't go through the link and that they didn't see it on their system, even when I did go through it. I've also had First Friday points not post because for some odd reason the transaction didn't show up with the correct date even though I had a receipt for it. Rep tried to tell me that if I had dinner on the pacific coast, then that doesn't count since it can be past eastern time (I told her I had breakfast :-p).

They refused to do anything about the former. It's just not worth my time to keep calling for a paltry sum of points. For me, if it happens often, I'll just stop putting charges on their card.

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 5 of 8
bribro
Valued Contributor

SM first, then call. I've had phone reps credit me missing UR Mall points instantly while on the phone, but if it's a larger amount (say over 2,000 UR points) they might give you a harder time trying to "prove" it.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 6 of 8
370Z
Frequent Contributor

I guess it's my turn to try this out. I booked 4 separate 1 night stays (in South Dakota) for this week just over a month ago. The 2 prepaid nights I used the UR Mall (wrongly thought I'd get the points right away) and Fatwallet for the 2 postpaid nights. If the UR points don't post automatically, I will probably use Fatwallet exclusively for hotels from now on. Their customer service (through messaging) is excellent.

EQ8 817 (2/24) EQ9 850 (1/24) EX8 837 (3/24) EX9 842 (3/24) TU8 824 (2/24)
Chase_Hyatt|10k|15.24%|6/13 * Amex_Hilton|10k|13.99%|8/13 * Chase_IHG|10k|15.24%|1/14 * Chase_Ink$|12k|13.24%|5/14 * NFCU$|46k|9.65%|12/14 * Amex_ED|10k|12.99%|1/16 * Citi_Custom$|45k|15.24%|4/16 * Merrill+|68k|12.99%|2/17 * Amex_BB+|10k|15.24%|3/18 * PenFed_Pathfinder|29.4k|12.74%|9/18 * WF_Autograph|25k|16.99%|7/19 * AODFCU_VS|22k|7.49%|4/20 * Chase_Ritz_Carlton|48.5k|15.99%|10/21 * Amex_BB$|42k|13.24%|8/22 * Redstone_FCU_VS|10k|12.00%|6/23 * C1_VX|30k|14.74%|1/24
Gone: CSP, AA x3, Ink+, Premier, CSR, CFU, CF, AARP, Limitless
Message 7 of 8
CreditMENA
New Contributor

Well, after some nudging and sending in the emailed receipt they gave me the UR points - a happy surprise. I guess from now on I'll just be extra careful in booking...I feel like there's only a certain # of times you can get the manual adjustment, no matter if it is their fault to begin with.

Thank you Chase! Staved off a potentially angree customer...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.