Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UR Point valuation

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

UR Point valuation

Just curious.

So say I were to buy something ($1,000) and use UR points (from CSR) to redeem the points against the charge. (I would never ever do this in a million years, just curious).

How many points would it technically take to cover that $1,000 charge and what would it actually cost me say if I were to redeem it as travel?

Thanks
CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
2 REPLIES 2
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: UR Point valuation

I would log into your chase account and goto the UR section where you can see what travel partners they have. You also should decide where you want to go because 100k UR points can get you to variety of places. I am pretty sure you can fly RT business to asia for less than 100k for example. 

Once you decide where you want to go then you can find out how many points it would take from each of the partner airlines with UR program, and find the one with least amount of points or the airline you would like to fly. For me I am probably saving up for use with SQ business class, it takes more points but i want to fly sq once and try it out .

Also btw i would never use 100k UR points for cash , you could get an lot better value when you transfer it to airline partner, you could at least get double the value if you look around and are patient.  

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UR Point valuation

It would be 100,000 points to redeem for a $1000 charge.

If you redeem for travel WHICH IS BOOKED THROUGH THE CHASE ULTIMATE REWARDS PORTAL, it's worth $1500 or $0.015 per point. If you do transfer to a partner make sure you're getting at least that in value.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.