Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UR points for Signapore flights

tag
red259
Super Contributor

UR points for Signapore flights

Update: Ugh forget it. These stupid charts are soo confusing. The mile requirement for redemption is completely ridculous and I was looking at saver awards at first. heh. 

I'm looking for ways to get to Istanbul and back from Athens. I noticed that last year Chase announced Signapore airlines as a travel parter where you could redeem UR points 1 for 1. Does anyone have experience with transferring chase URs to Signapore airlines? Is it a decent value the first class suites look like a great product? The charts are a bit confusing and I can't redeem a flight or see the official mile quote unless I have miles in my krisflyer account and I don't want to move my URs until I am sure. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

Re: UR points for Signapore flights

@red259 wrote:

Update: Ugh forget it. These stupid charts are soo confusing. The mile requirement for redemption is completely ridculous and I was looking at saver awards at first. heh. 

I'm looking for ways to get to Istanbul and back from Athens. I noticed that last year Chase announced Signapore airlines as a travel parter where you could redeem UR points 1 for 1. Does anyone have experience with transferring chase URs to Signapore airlines? Is it a decent value the first class suites look like a great product? The charts are a bit confusing and I can't redeem a flight or see the official mile quote unless I have miles in my krisflyer account and I don't want to move my URs until I am sure. 

You don't need charts. Just go to Singapore Airline's website and make sure you click the reward option when looking up fares. It was more expensive than what I wanted and found a different option. I moved 1,000 points as a test. It took about 48 hours - enough time for the award seat to vanish :-)

So, I flew business in ANA, two legs of 10 hours each.. it was pretty decent, except I kept thinking Singapore is much better. Live and learn :-)

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 2 of 6
IWOL
Established Contributor

I was looking at booking a suite from LA to Tokyo and it seems like an excellent value. The purchase price for the suite showed at $23k per person and I found certain dates with availability for 140k miles round trip.

Based on that valuation you would be getting almost $0.17 cpp.

there was limited availability but if you have flexibility in your travel dates it looks like it would be an experience in itself.

Message 3 of 6
dilettante
Established Contributor

@red259 wrote:

That's odd. I've been able to do dummy bookings to see award availability through my Krisflyer account without having any points. Only drawback is that you can only see 1 day at a time.  They are releasing a beta version of their booking tool so hopefully, it'll improve to see award availability on multiple days.

As far as value, my family loves Singapore premium seats and the great service from the flight attendants.  Though I have yet to find availability for first class suites on their A380's, their other first class and business are considered a good experience and I've either purchased or gotten saver award tickets for family.

One thing great about Krisflyer miles is that they have so many partners to transfer points from (MR, UR, TY, SPG). In my experience, it has usually taken less than 24 hours to transfer from UR, MR, and TY.  With TY, it took 4 hours.

With Krisflyer, if you book online, you get a 15% discount on miles needed to redeem.  I booked 3 RT saver first class tickets from West Coast to Asia and though miles listed as needed is 175K for 1 RT ticket on the charts, it cost only 148,875 miles.

You can also waitlist tickets for saver fares and call up customer service to put a "chaser" on it to try to expedite clearing of waitlist. I had to do it for one segment and was able to clear waitlist one month out from flight.  I've read that clearing waitlists usually occurs 7-10 days out from flight normally if you don't call and ask for expedite.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IWOL, there is an idea...
Message 5 of 6
red259
Super Contributor

@dilettante wrote:

@red259 wrote:

That's odd. I've been able to do dummy bookings to see award availability through my Krisflyer account without having any points. Only drawback is that you can only see 1 day at a time.  They are releasing a beta version of their booking tool so hopefully, it'll improve to see award availability on multiple days.

As far as value, my family loves Singapore premium seats and the great service from the flight attendants.  Though I have yet to find availability for first class suites on their A380's, their other first class and business are considered a good experience and I've either purchased or gotten saver award tickets for family.

One thing great about Krisflyer miles is that they have so many partners to transfer points from (MR, UR, TY, SPG). In my experience, it has usually taken less than 24 hours to transfer from UR, MR, and TY.  With TY, it took 4 hours.

With Krisflyer, if you book online, you get a 15% discount on miles needed to redeem.  I booked 3 RT saver first class tickets from West Coast to Asia and though miles listed as needed is 175K for 1 RT ticket on the charts, it cost only 148,875 miles.

You can also waitlist tickets for saver fares and call up customer service to put a "chaser" on it to try to expedite clearing of waitlist. I had to do it for one segment and was able to clear waitlist one month out from flight.  I've read that clearing waitlists usually occurs 7-10 days out from flight normally if you don't call and ask for expedite.

All I can get to show is the price of the ticket. Even when I click pay with miles or whatever it does not quote me the price in miles. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.